Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4979354 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks kinda crappy out this morning. Have to get the little monster outside today to run off some of the pizz and vinegar. First I have to walk around the yard and to recalibrate his Halo collar. Had the Mrs. pretty PO'd last night. I still haven't rolled out the back yard........later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 35 here & we might make 40. Had some pink on the radar for our area early on but it doesn't look like any of it made it to the ground. The neighbor said he had just a shade over 1" when he came over Friday ~ 3 & I reset his gauge with .4" earlier in the week before he came up. Didn't see him yday, will today, I'm sure. Got clothes I can wash, some putzin out in the new shed too, if I want. :scratch: No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! Low 50s for a high here today and cloudy. We had .83" of rain yesterday according to my trusty gauge. I will work in the shop unless it gets dry enough to mow this afternoon.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Was still misting and drizzling a little bit ago. For rainfall in the past 24 hrs., .71" in Bugtussle and .77" at the ranch. The worst of it is that it won't dry off to allow lawnmowing to commence. Typical year too where parts of it need it and parts of it don't, yet. Still have the mulching blades on the mower from last fall so should sharpen the regular blades & swap them out. Otherwise, the wife is off to the Amish greenhouses in IA today & I'm in charge. Should get a head start on column writing today. That works a lot easier than trying to write it all Monday nite. Poppy needs her people time. When the Mrs. yaps on the phone all night, Poppy gets the short end of the stick sometimes.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......done at store. been a mist all morning. plan is to finish the boat up today!!!! got all the executive decisions made!!!! :happy1: a nap is in the works too........then we shall see!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
boats done, nap done, bird feeders cleaned out...........time to chase momma!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 38 here and heading for 44 today. Finally no gail for e wind coming off of the lake. Just a light breeze out of the West now. Supposed to be cloudy today with rain moving in tonight. TWC shows lots of days with rain coming up, but I don't think it is supposed to add up to much. I think our total since Friday is about 3/4". About it here, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  42 with a lite mist falling here this morning.  Looks like we are heading to 53 here today. This rain sure has things greening up quick.  Good day to get some shop things done and some more spring projects done as well.    Have a great day All.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
36 and sunny down here but it's suppose to get up to 72. I hope to do some mowing when it dries off.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 41 here and heading to the upper 50's today...   saying rain here too today and the wind is really down this morning..  seems I have a wayward woodpecker here...  he's hammering away on my satellite dish!!  oh well..   have a good day all!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  it is 37 and will get into the 50's.  Like JB said some rain later on.  We ended up with 1/2" of rain the last few days.  Well I got the one wall all spackled in the office yesterday.  I may even go buy paint today.  I am doing one wall at a time then move things around to do the next wall.  Man we wanted some kind of forest green or ???  There are 30 colors close to that.  Glad we decided on one finally.  I picked out about 10 and we weeded them out last night. Poor Cooper has been itching his ear for a couple of days now.  It looks as clean as can be but we have some ear wipes I used and then put some doggy ear drops in them.  Hope it helps. That's about it for now.  You all have a great day. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 39 with a light mist/fog here. Headed towards 54, they're saying. Went for a ride in the neighbor's new SxS yday, boy is that nice. Got a couple things in mind for today but I could use some cooperation from the weather, we'll see. :scratch: 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Dentist appt. at 9:00 and then I thinks it may be time to start cleaning Winter stuff up and putting it away. That Halo collar appears to be working well and it sure is nice not untangling the dog from everything. He can run around the whole backyard and do dog things. Have a great day everyone, later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those Halo collars look like a good deal. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-70's. Was a little lite mist yesterday but nothing measurable. Seeing some bright orb in the eastern sky so far so that's a pleasant surprise. Better enjoy it while it lasts sounds like. More rain on the way, as early as perhaps 3 or 4 this afternoon. Payroll to do, copy to finish, proof & spellcheck, then finish & mail weather data sheets. By then it should be lunchtime. A Dotch's work is never done... :coffee:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......kinda clouding up now. weather app says rain by 9 but they missed again!! :rotflmao: dark clouds to the south though!!! Kettle from up north said they got 1 3/4 inches!!!!

nothing on the immediate to do list for today.......i'm good with that.  might go down and get gas for the boat, pressure washer and my wheeler later.......

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   46 and it just stopped raining a bit ago.  It rained some much needed rain pretty much all night.   Radar looks like its over for a bit.    I just fired up the smoker to smoke a few slabs of bacon I have had brining.  I am sure I will have to sample them tonight.    Shop day planned while they are smoking.   Have a great day!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 42 and raining here. Heading for 47 today it says. Looks like rain will stop this morning then start again tomorrow morning. We currently have .31" the weather station says. The wind is blowing from the SE. So back to blowing off of the lake again. At least we had one day of light wind yesterday. The forecast shows rinse and repeat thru Friday. I can tell the lake has come up some by looking at the rock out front yesterday. That is the positive side. What is the river doing Barry? Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 here and might see 60...  rain appears to done for today...   maybe some wind later, only up to 20 mph today..  going over to Alex this morning and do some shopping...   nothing big or special...   have a good day all... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! Nice and sunny to start the day. We got about .33" of rain yesterday. I think we have moved out of the dry pattern. I got a little mowing to do today otherwise shop work.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I did get the boat gas drained out yesterday, I think and it did fire up :happy1:. Will have to get some fresh stuff put back in. Managed to toss some junk out of the garage too. More left to get rid of. So that Halo dog collar has one thing I don't like. It loses it's GPS signal in the garage because it's made of steel and starts to give it's warning beep. The dog freaks out and I have to get him back outside so the GPS can find him again. I don't care for the idea it's OK for him to disregard the beep in the garage and then think it means nothing outside. More to come on that. Later......... :happy1: :happy1:   
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 45 here & headed for 56, I'm hearin. Wind has gone back WNW but isn't going to be too bad today. Managed to get a lot of what I wanted to do yday done, but not all. So, I'll start back there today. No more now, have a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 41 and we got 3/4" of rain last night.  Looks like it is done now.  JB I see the river did come up as some of our floater now has water below it.  Still not floating but heading in the right direction.  Mark that is a dilemma with the collar.  Bummer, hope you can figure something out.  I painted a wall in the office yesterday and I have to do another coat as some of my spackling spots are shinier. No biggy and it does look real nice.  Tomorrow we have to go to Grand Forks to see the Neuro-surgeon.  Hope it all goes great.  See ya all later and have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........thinking of taking the boat out for a test.......maybe not.maybe wait till friday????? spent alot of time outside yesterday doing putzy stuff......not sure whats on the agenda for today yet?????

starting to get itchy to play in the garden........be nice it dry up some!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. 1.03" of rain at the ranch the past 24 hrs. with .74" recorded in Bugtussle. Grass is responding to all the moisture. So are the dandelions. Sheep lot is a quagmire so we're burning thru a lot of bedding in the barn trying to give them a place to dry off between feeding. This a.m. the wife's car is getting snow tires taken off & a check engine light checked out. After lunch I bring the Buick in for an oil change. Mebbe get the mower out tonite & do battle if it's dry enough after chores. Otherwise, try to see whether or not some of that 1st planted corn is poking thru.   🌽

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
boat fired right up!!!!!! :happy1: the locator will be another day when i get on a lake. just went down to the river access on 23....water level really came up!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
boat fired right up!!!!!! :happy1: the locator will be another day when i get on a lake. just went down to the river access on 23....water level really came up!!!!

That first time fire up of the season is always such a welcome sound!!    You will really like that locator once you get it figured out.  Just like anything new it will be different but I think worth learning. 

Good morning All.   44 here this morning and heading for 55 with light rain this afternoon.  Or so they say.  I have a couple things to do outside this afternoon so they will probably be correct.   Looks like most of it will miss us here.   Have a great day!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 42 here and heading for 47 today. Looks like rain starting around noon here and lasting until tomorrow morning. It sure was a nice evening yesterday. So I took and put the dock in the lake. Still need to put the posts down. That can happen this weekend. The water is still pretty low, it doesn't even cover up the wheels on the dock. Then I gave the Ranger a bath. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.