Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4979453 times)

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
It helps even more to start the motor!
Does that apply to chainsaws, too?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :scratch: :scratch: to whom are you clowns referring to?? :confused: :rolleyes: :pouty:

Well I should regain my #1 son status again.  :happy1: got mom all cleaned up!👍
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
township plow went by and I'm now done with this round...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Plowed 6" of wet heavy snow here.  It is 37 now so the plow was digging in by the time I finished.  Like said get that wet stuff moved before it freezes.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like another 4 to 7 inches of snow tomorrow into Friday..   heavy wet stuff again they say...   

read where Alex had 2 or so inches of snow, Osakis just under 5 and Long Prairie just under 7...   no wonder we 6 inches here...   

would have been nice to get some of this moisture last summer into fall... 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys get all the good snow, not sure what time it changed from rain to snow here but the roads were horrible butt early this morning,  freeways and all. We might have got 3", sounds like it'll be the same tomorrow morning. It's been misting fir a while which helped knock it down so I'll wait for tge next round til I get serious on moving it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just zoomed out on the Accu  Weather radar and you can see this big rain storm with its tail still in the Gulf of Mexico and this tip of it is our side of Madison WI.  That is what is gonna swirl around from the east. Maybe it will stay east of us.  Fingers crossed.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Went to the farm where we process (clean and salt) the deer hides. The buyer arrived shortly after I did. It was a bit sketchy driving in (up a hill) but he got in and out. All hides are now gone and the place it cleaned up and back to normal. Happy day.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya this snow is sure sticky and slippery when packed. We got about 6 inches too. More tomorrow.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  We got another 3-4" of snow this morning so far.  Just as wet and sticky as yesterdays.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 and snowing some more.  not sure how much yet, but they are saying up 8 more inches..  hopefully it's more later as I have to go to Alex this morning..  unless I cancel but I don't like doing that...  only time will tell..   have a good and safe day...

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 and snowing again. Talking possibly another 6" here. Windier today than yesterday and the snow is lighter. Wasn't to bad of a drive in though. We have our big annual(profit sharing as many call it) meeting here at work today. A big deal here. Hopefully I get enough to buy a scoop of minners for the weekend.  ;) :rotflmao: Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup it is really blowing and snowing here but the flakes are small ones.  Was 31 when the wife got up but is down to 29 now.  Hopefully the wind blows the snow away from us.  I do need to plow the feed lot yet too.  That will all wait till later.  Just gonna relax and have coffee now.  I do have to get to town to mail some pkgs for Christmas today or tomorrow.  You all take it easy shoveling today.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....31 and snowing. Windy. Supposed to go to the dentist in Fargo this morning. Doesn't look good. Have a couple hours to decide.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 30 now & headed for 32. No snow here yet, not until around noon, 2" predicted. We're headed to Marshalltown early this afternoon as my brother has an early appt at the eye clinic down there tomorrow. So we reserved a room for tonight. It's only 90 miles & it's sposed to be < 1" down there. 'Bout it here, have a good day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Heading back home from KC today. Thinking the roads shouldn't be too bad. It is like October down here.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, safe travels Roony!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Roony.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Put the blower on the tractor yesterday after I scraped as much slop off the driveway as I could. 30 degrees and snowing quite well here now. Looks like a Craigslist, breakfast and Youtube morning so far. Plow out driveway for the wife by noon so she can get in the garage and that's about it for the day until sportsmen meeting tonight at 6:00. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't want to jinx us but the snow quit now.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't want to jinx us but the snow quit now.
Ya, there was supposed to be a couple hour gap in the snow before it starts again.  :pouty:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Looks like about 10" here in International Falls since it all started. Sounds like Cloquet and around the lake (Superior) got whacked pretty good.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would say about 10" for here too.  Plowed the driveway again and am working on the feed lot now.  Plowing up pretty good. Lot of snow to push. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
welp made it Alex and back, not a fun day for a drive but have been in worse conditions...   errands are done too..  looks like about 5 inches of new snow..  give or take anyway...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Picked up some groceries this morning.  Large eggs were $6.59 a dozen, medium were $4.39.  Guess what I got?  Butter was between $7 and $8.  Unsalted was $5.09. Guess what I got.  May have to switch to margarine. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats crazy!! 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Was that at the store in Baudette? Last week when I got fuel there I was going to grab one of their sandwiches from the deli case. They were all like $7.50! Thats insane. Is he trying to pay for that remodel in one year?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Stopped at Clear Lake IA Perkins for a break
 So far mostly just wet roads.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 29 at choretime with 33 presently. Roads vary with the interstates being wet while the co. blacktops were wet & sloppy ~1 p.m. Some spots were snowpacked. Looks like about 3" so far. Glad I finished cleaning the main barn yesterday. Safe travels home roony!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)