Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377321 times)

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
Quote Chipntrip
"I live in town bufflohead and you must be in the Jacobsen area. '
--------------------------

10-4 on that
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
thanks Big_Fish_Guy        ;D ;D
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline ice_bandit

• Outdoorsman
hi to all i joined the website about a week ago and am loving it.  It's a great place for me to go and relax.  I'm 22 years old i currently live in Arizona due to a job change, hoping to find a new job in Minnesota so i can enjoy all of the outdoor perks.  I love to do any type of hunting or fishing.  I just recently got engaged so another great thing to look forward to.  Oh by the way thanks spinach for the great phone.  Can't wait to get to meet knew people. 

Chris

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Welcome to MNO Ice_Bandit. Glad to have ya.

What type of work are you doing that took you down to Arizona?

Congrats on the recent engagement also.

The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO ice_bandit

The job market has been tough, a man's gota do what a mans gota do. hope you find something back in Minnesota.

Chuck..AKA Bufflehead
« Last Edit: January 01/25/07, 10:28:40 AM by Bufflehead »
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline Fishahollik

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome Ice bandit. Is the gal from Az?

She may not like the weather difference between here and AZ.

Subtle differences, yet its still a change to what she is used to.

What do you do? Maybe the collective group here can help you find something up here.

Good luck.
"When asked what man has done in his life, I can say,' I was in the United States Navy'" JFK

I am member #297

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Welcome Bandit,

What type of work does your bride to be do? I was thinkin about maybe she was in law enforcement? If she is, get her to register on this site and you guys could post as........ Smokey and The Ice_Bandit. ::)

Hey, that's the best I could come up with before breakfast :-[

SMG
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline outdoorguy22

Jesse here from duluth. Im 25 single and no kids. I spend as much time hunting or fising as i can. I hunted a total of 20 days this year and it was great.

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
 Hellow Jesse, Welcome to MNO

Tell your friends about MNO Jesse, the more the merrier. It's fun posting and talking to others with the same passion for the great outdoors as the rest of us here at MNO

Chuck..AKA Bufflehead

Offline ice_bandit

• Outdoorsman
Thanks for welcoming me everyone.  I am a machine operator for making concrete paver's/block.  My fiance actually lives in Minnesota.  My fiance is in the sales and marketing career Field, but that would have been an awesome screen name.  if anyone knows of a good job in Minnesota let me know.

Chris

Offline Steelman

• Outdoorsman
  • Lac Seul 2000 Sept
My name is Mike Gillespie, I live in Osakis, MN. I work in Brandon,MN for an outfit called VoyageR Supply & Fabrication. We make GEM car frames, Voyager Dock, TitanDeck and a lot of Clam fish house parts. I am the mechanical designer. I also fish WALLEYES all around this area and Lac Suel (when I can afford it). Used to work with Woody, still fish and drink with him. No kids, married to the best woman for me for 32 years (guess that makes me an "old fart" ) I'm 57 for a few more monthes. Let me tell you why I say best woman for me- For our 25th anniversary I said" Pick a place you want to go" as she has talked about criuses in the past I figured I was going to Mexico. After about a week she says " I know where we are going and I made the reservations" My reply - " Which side of Mexico? Her answer --- "I've booked us for a week of walleye fishing at Lac Suel at an all included fishing lodge" Thought I was gonna 'mess' myself!! Think I'll keep her ( if she lets me stay around) Anything else you're curious about - just ask.
Never try to teach a pig to sing -- it won't work and it annoys the pig. (Robert A Heinlein)
An armed society is a polite society----

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO Steelman!  Glad to see you made it here!  I think you'll find MNO to be very informative as well as the great commaraderie we have here!  One thing-for you to say you fish Walleyes?!!  You are a WALLEYE HUNTING MACHINE!!!  ;D  It's all those pest fish that mistake a walleye hook for their own!  And I have to agree-you have the best wife!  Yep-even better than my own-at least until mine sends us on a week long fishing trip!  (Oh how I hope my mrs. doesn't see this!)  :o  Then I'd have to change my name to DEADWOOD!  ;D
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome steelman!
didnt know that brandon had any big
business there. kind of grew up there
at my grandmas place on big chip.
havent been up there in years.

randy aka bonehead
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline jonmzak

• Outdoorsman
  • My wife and I
Howdy everyone.  My name is Jonathan and my wife and just moved to Wesley, IA last year.  We both just graduated from College last may.  I love the outdoors and am just getting used to life out of school.  We both love the outdoors.  We both love to hunt and fish and unfortunately for me she is a much better fishman than I am.  I usually just end up paddling her around the lake.  Thanks everyone
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.  The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. --Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO steelman and jonmzak

Glad to have you here to add to the graeat family here at MNO

Offline KansasKerri

Hello all, I'm from Chetopa, Kansas, know as the catfish capital of the world!!  I live in Minnesota now, which I love, but catfish remains my favorite eating fish, despite of what my Minnesota raised husband tries to get me to eat.  I love to panfish fish with my husband and kids and enjoy the forums and info that I have read on this site!

Offline slowpoke

Hey folks,

Just found the site.  Great site! I haven't fished in awhile, but getting back into it.  I like to shoot too when I get a chance.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Welcome to MNO everyone. :)
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
slowpoke what do yea like to shoot?

and welcome hope to see you alot on here
Shut up and Shoot

Offline slowpoke

I just mainly paper punch.  Wouldn't mind getting into some competitive shooting, but just not enough free time.  I also wouldn't mind trying some trap shooting, too.  Just a dabbler and a master at nothing!  ;D

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO you two

Great to have you joining in

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I just dabble paper punching to  and Ive shot trap once or twice as well.

what club do yea hang on at?,,,,,,,,,I do most shooting at beaver brook and some at metro for practice
Shut up and Shoot

Offline slowpoke

I am on the North side of town, but I usually go to Dakota or Burnsville. Haven't been to Metro for a long time and only went to Beaver Brook when my buddy was a member.

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
howdy all,   my name is scott i have three boys  19 7 and 4 love to hunt ,fish  ,drink and gamble. love this site. helps in my business. keep up the great work . ..
member  # 569

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome slowpoke and holdem. Glad to see you found us.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline luvnlife

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hello I kind of already introduced myself on the woman's roll call'

My name is Tracy Welsh I live in St.Cloud.  I am 35 and am married to a great husband of 11 years. I have 2 girls 5 and 6.  We have a cabin in the Lincoln Lakes area. We love to hunt,fish, mushroom hunt,shed hunt and just all and all love the outdoors.
We love to fish all species but I prefer to fish walleyes. We mostly deer hunt,bow,rifle and muzzleloader.

We like to squirel and rabbit hunt for fun also. My name says it all LUVNLIFE. ;D

Offline oraksb

• Outdoorsman
Hi yall, Well about me..my name is Brad I grew up in International Falls, Love Rainy Lake and Voyageurs Nat'l Park. Live in Eden Prairie down here for work...try to spend as much time as possible north. I enjoy fishing, and deer hunting. My wonderful partner of 6 years bless her soul puts up with my addiction to hunting and fishing.
When hell freezes over, I will ice fish there too!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome luvnlife and oraksb!  We're glad to have you both aboard!   :)

*It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes to go after Morel mushrooms!  ;)
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline MuskyManiac

• Outdoorsman
Hi I'm Josh from Forest Lake, MN....32 years old and i live for fishing, i guess my user name says it all, i saw this site on Kare11 news tonight and thought i would check it out, i like what i see so far, i am a member on the "other" site and am pretty sick of the politics of that site, after some things Ive read here this one looks way better and a little more relaxed so to speak !!! anyway i look forward to helping a few people catch more fish and have a little fun doing it along the way. .....ahh sweet i see you have a spell check option as well !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO MuskyManiac!  You nailed it on the head-we are relaxed here.  Just kick back with a cold one and enjoy!  Feel free to add any information you may have,  there are bound to be other "toothy critter" fanatics around!

*Myself, I've never been lucky enough to catch one....but my days coming!  ;)

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com