Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5447924 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
What am I thinkin'? Ya, yer right. 8 is a little early to start drinking gin. We need to get thru the tincture in our coffee and the after breakfast bloody Mary's first.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Quote from: Dotch
Congrats roony! I'll expect you here at 8 a.m. sharp Tuesday thru Saturday. We got stuff to do!  :drillsergeant:  :rotflmao:
I hope you mean Gin to drink and cribbage to play. I'll be there but isn't 8am a little early?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah: i always wondered what dotch meant by chores!!!!!! :shocked: :rolleyes: :scratch: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Before I went grocery shopping I texted the wife that it is going to be 97 on Sat.  She said well you better get some ice cream then!  ????  I will remember that angle.  St Louis ribs on sale for $2.99 lb.  I got three of them.  Burger for $3.29.  Got a 10 lb chub and will turn it all into burgers. Vac them in bags of 2. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish I would have taken a “before” picture. Light green and dirty. Here’s the “after” picture. Still need to get the left guard and both clamps fixed.  :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice.  Is the rim filled with concrete?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice job Mark!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Them bar stools must be for after a tough day of retirement. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 82 and not too bad outside,  Glenn full time by winter, good one lps! Just a couple of little projects taking care of when I got home from unionized bustin butt, other than that Remi and I just sat patio side and enjoyed a beer. Turns out not only did our boat lift canopy take a thumping during a storm a few weeks back but the motor for the boat lift is fried, good lord I checked on those today, bout a grand... :censored: . Anywho a few years back momma picked up a portable ice machine for the cabin, turns out it snapped breakers and wouldn't do anything.  Long story short she now has enough bagged ice at the homestead that I could probably start selling it..lol. best run....See ya!!!
« Last Edit: August 08/29/23, 04:24:07 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn I just gave away a winch that would work for a lift...  my son thought he could use it... 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here and heading for 75 today. Got the grass all raked up last night. Yard looks good now. Ya, anything to do with boats. We all know what BOAT stands for.
Break
Out
Another
Thousand
About it here. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and going for 80 today..   another nice day yesterday and even got a few things done too..   going to Alex this morning..  first stop the VA for labs...  then on to the grocery store..   about it here, have a good day all...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 58 before choretime, heading for a high in the upper 70's. Bette enjoy it because the blast furnace is making an encore performance soon. Picked string beans last nite & still have half a row to go yet. Waiting on some of our sheep to come back from the Fair this a.m. A couple more of them have developed warts & they can't be shown elsewhere until it clears up. This guy isn't noted for being punctual. Waiting on him before I do chores. Just what I needed. More hurry up and wait with an already full day. A few days ago looked like this was a day I could maybe exhale. After Crop Tour and State Fair, I am so tired of people and their BS I could spit tacks.  :angry: 
« Last Edit: August 08/30/23, 07:05:37 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
More tincture needed!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 55 here @ last peek & we'll end up at 76, they're sayin. I did a little more seed work prep yday but I need to see some green on my 1st spot before I go much further now. Managed to get a mid-afternoon boat ride in too. Not very many out & the temps weren't bad, but it was pretty hazy here. Got a few things on my list, so we're headed for GR today. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  47 here and headed to 79.  The 97 forecasted for Sun is now down to 90 for the high.  May do some mowing today.  Got some done yesterday.  Have a real nice looking red fox in the yard now.  Looking for mice I suppose.  Under the big oak tree.  The dogs don't know he is there yet.  Need to think of what I should cook for supper too.  Well have a good one. 
Dotch I have always liked the line:  The more people I meet the better I like my dog. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........ended up yesterday a pretty busy day!!!!!!!! :crazy: :rotflmao: neighbor brought me a bunch of maters.....so gonna work on them today!!!!!! both ripe and green ones........ :sleazy: :sleazy:

should really mow moms lawn as well as mine.........but putting that off with the current weather forecast!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes that is concrete in the base that makes about 250# and yes those are barstools that came out of a local watering hole on the West side of Alex. It’s a restaurant now. The grinder is a Cincinnati one horse, 3450rpm. With a wire wheel on it I’m thinking the skin on my knuckles should be gone in short order. Off to shoot sporting clays this morning, a little practice for Saturday. Then lunch at Leaf Valley and back to campground for a nap. Later……. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and heading for 80 today. The warm up is starting. Not much else here. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, about the same here for temps JB...  and the heat wave starts tomorrow..  got a few things I want to do today too..  have a good day all..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a windy morning and 60 here now.  Headed to 84 here on the very low river.  I mean low.  That may mean not as many fish from the lake will be attracted by the lack of current going into the lake this fall.  Hope that is not the case.  I think I will make burgers to freezer today. May go pull some weeds too.  Have a good one.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, the lake is going down to. I think it all depends on the shiner run if the walleyes head up the river in the fall.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the current effects that too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, last I looked it was 60 here & we're not 'sposed to hit 80.  I'm seeing 4 days near 90 for us in the 10-day too. :rolleyes: Got back out here around 1:30 yday & messed with the new seeded area some after that. Had a little HH over at the neighbors starting about 5:30. Pretty breezy here early but went out  :fishing: anyway, caught 4 but let 'em go. Nothin too important on my list today, so I'll just wing it. 'Bout it here, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Drinking coffee and cleaning camper out so the kids can use it this weekend. Here’s a picture of the blue moon rising over Rose City. Geese too.Later…… :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
cool pic Mark!!!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Glad yesterday is over. Was one of those special days. Guy showed up with the sheep an hour late. Typical. Then the zoom call scheduled from BCBS never happened at 9:30 after I'd set aside time for it. Got a call around 2:30 from some gal to apologize & reschedule, so after I heard the call was being monitored, I let her have it with both barrels. Reputedly the guys I Pad crashed so he couldn't do it but for crissake, I know they have my contact info. They sure as hell know how to get ahold of me to send a bill or if I miss a payment. Hopefully someone at very least got jacked up for dropping the ball or better, fired. Asshats! Did I mention I'm tired of people & their BS?  :angry:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......isle 5 is filled!!!!1 :happy1: :rotflmao: got some canned goodies to put away and few other things. trying to free  up my schedule to have a fire and beer tomorrow afternoon.  :sleazy: :evil:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 65 here and heading for 85 today TWC says. TGIF!! I have some brush hogging to do for a coworker this weekend. Make me a little side cash. That will be handy. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry but it feels kinda good to wake up at home again. Don't get me wrong I enjoy camping, but after 33 out of 61 days is a bit too much for me. Might be different if there was a boat or some form of hunting involved. Time to get some of the camping things cleaned up and put away today, may go to Osakis to get some shotgun shells and drool over some firearms. No rain lately so yard doesn't need to be mowed. More coffee needed, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 here and going for 90 today...  oh my!!  got what I wanted done yesterday so am happy with that...  today is just small things to get ready for the holiday weekend and company..  time for some more coffee here too...   have a good day all...