Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5442429 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good to know that Glenn.  Was down to 36 and will end up around 60 today.  May have to wet a line after the Vikes game.  I don't think it is ever done neither Mark.   We got our garden stuff that was on the deck put away yesterday so got something accomplished.  Had another great fire and slept in the camper again.  During the night I heard a thump and here Jake fell out of bed. A few minutes later I helped him get back in bed.  He can't quite get up yet unless he has a running start so he stands beside the bed by me so I can help him up.  Well that's all for now.  GO VIKES!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 39 here and for for close to 60 today. Made it home from deer camp about noon yesterday. We got everything thing mowed and looking pretty again. Only down side was I had a hydraulic hose blow on my brush hog Saturday afternoon. So I will need to replace that.  Got a couple projects done yesterday afternoon and then the wife and I went for a little Ranger ride. The grouse gods must have been happy with me. I got me limit of grouse too.  :happy1: That will be one of our meals when the kids come up for youth hunt the end of the week. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Found a mower with a three point hitch I may have to inquire about today. If it can do brush, not small trees, I may have to go look at it and buy it. I will be stopping by Cenex today to get a LP tank headed here as soon as they can do it. Thinking 500 gallon tank should do it. Have a great day all. later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 38 here and going to try and get to 60 today...  wasn't a bad afternoon yesterday, enjoyed being outside...   good score JB!!!  got a few things to do today...   have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. 32 here. Man the stars were sweet last night. It got real windy yesterday had white caps so no go when I'm by myself.

Damn JB I've only seen 2 grouse and they were spooky. Looks like a rinse and repeat today.

Brother and I dropped 2 dead poplar trees that could of become issues so lots of wood to split and stack.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  A bit cool this morning but we really can not complain.  It is the middle of Oct so we have been pretty lucky so far.  They are talking rain towards the middle of the week but who knows.   Have to wait and see.  Going to spend part of today just putting everything in the yard away that needs to be done before the snow flys.  Time allowed I might work on the lake front some. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 36 @ 1st peek here & it's lookin like ~ 57 will be the high. I heard there's some grouse hunters over at the resort that've been having some pretty good luck at times too, JB. Yeah, we had a steady NW breeze here yday too, so it was a bit chilly for outside activities early. I started the Husky changeover from mower to blower, then seeded part of the area behind the new shed though. Only 2 more pcs of OSB left to do so that's probably where we'll start this day. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 30 with fog moving in.  94% humidity 30.17 barometer.  Going fishing this afternoon.  Bringing a retired friend of mine so hope we get him some nice eaters for him. I'll just do some putzing until then.  Today and tomorrow will be nice and rain possible on Wed.  Man the fog is getting thicker by the minute.  I can see frost appearing on things as it gets thicker.  Well have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the lower 50's. Foggy on the way into Bugtussle this a.m. Had to resort to rolling the window down and listening at stop signs. Got the itch to go for a ride in the Stude yesterday but that's about as far as it got. Wife decided she was too tired & since she'd baked an apple pie, I wasn't going to argue. Making plans to head for Canada on Thursday so didn't want to get her dander up by forcing the issue. Should be time for some cruising yet anyway. The leaves have become really goofy about coming off the trees here this fall. Very staggered. Some turning here and there but a lot are green as grass yet. Got all the ground fall apples picked up and a lot off the tree picked yesterday. Lady beetles have ruined so many of them. Also lots of little wasps and even a few bald-faced hornets feeding on the decaying fruit. One of these days it'll get cold enough and they'll all be toast. Or be in the house... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Another Craigslist purchase that I do have some use for. I may have to quit looking at CL for awhile, cash in my sock drawing is getting smaller. And this is how you unload a 600 pound brush mower by yourself.  :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/16/23, 03:21:35 PM by markn »
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice one Mark. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here and heading for 63 today. Been a nice couple of days. I went and setup another ground blind last night. That is a bit of a hike. Gives my knee a good work out. A little stiff this morning, but it helps me get used to walking on uneven ground. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  31 here at the moment but looks to be a nice day today.   Finished up putting most of the yard stuff away yesterday.   Today I do have some leaves and PINE NEEDLES that need to be swept off the yard.  Since it is dry I will get them all swept up.  Then depending on the wind it just might be a trolling night tonight. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and might see 65 today!!    have to get one of the bikes out today for sure!!  other than that not a lot going on today..  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 35 here & we're headed towards 63. Finished with the OSB project yday & moved a step closer on getting the blower hooked up as well. Not much wind yday, so I got rid of a little of wood along the drive too & still had a time to spend in the boat. :cool: No more now, have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  31 here and pretty frosty.  Gonna hit 65 here today.  Then rain tonight tomorrow and Thurs.  Still have some nice days coming after that.  Not time to pull the boat yet.  I will do it earlier than I usually do.  Not going to take any freeze up chances.  Good to hear your leg is doing good JB.  I have wondered about that.  Spent a couple of hours fishing yesterday and only had a few bites.  It was so clear and calm we probably would have done better closer to dusk but our schedules didn't permit that.  I did see some shiners.  Will give it another try today.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Damn it was an awesome afternoon and evening. Hit the little lake behind us. Calm and sunshine doesn't bid well usually but I got about 8 dandy sun fish and crappie deep. All went back. :happy1:

Going to head out to where my brother deer hunt and chase some grouse  seen 6 yesterday but man are they spooky. Last full day for this trip. Home tomorrow.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 34 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Severe clear for today with some light rain showers heading in for tomorrow. Got home yesterday with intentions of soil sampling at the nieghbors. Looked at the fence and I see 3 posts with insulators gone and electric wire on the ground. Took about an hour and a half but got everything put back together. Plugged the fencer back in and anything touching that baby will get lit up like a Christmas tree. Was too late to think about soil sampling so punted, did chores then finished cleaning the last of the apples off the Honeycrisp tree. Made the brood ewes day although I think some of them might be getting a jag on after eating those fermented apples.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 50 and heading for 54 today. We got some rain overnight. Got .35". I just got done getting a couple stands ready for the grandkids and it started raining. That was right about 7. The kids will be up late this afternoon. So, today is Friday for me. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 47 here & we're s'posed to hit 54 later. Some rain last night here too, ~.5" according to the precip map. Got some things to get in town today, so we're headed for GR in a bit. Finished the mower to blower changeover on the Husky yday. Had a little breeze after lunch so I mowed some too. Then I threw some seed down behind the new shed after that. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
49 here and raining. Supposed to rain all morning.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  49 here and may make 57.  We have half inch in the gauge this morning.  Possible rain all day it looks.  Had good fishing yesterday.  Was cloudy and a ripple on the water.  I will pay some bills today and that may be about it.  Still have some yellow leaves on the trees yet.  Not many green ones anymore.  SO when Jake was a pup he unrolled the toilet paper a few times just like Cooper did as a kid.  Well he really likes it.  Now he pulls the whole roll off and takes off with it.  SO the bathroom door is closed now.  LOL  Can't help but smile at him.  Have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-60's. Backed their rain chances down to 30% for today. Figured they'd probably do that after I busted my hump to get the screenings cleaned up last nite. Prior to that, made another attempt to soil sample the neighbor's field, this time successfully. In the process tho I forgot my phone at home. Someone had called, didn't leave a message & when I called back they were worked up about getting their fertilizer recs. When I got done soil sampling, did the chores at the neighbors and discovered the fence there was grounded out. 2 days in a row of fence fixing fun and games. Took a while to find it but this one was an easy fix as the electric wire was snagged on the barbed wire. Not unusual when raccoons, possums or turkeys try to climb through between the wires. Today I'm getting mentally prepared today for another trip to Canada. Time to go hide & exhale for a few days.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   46 and rain here this morning.   Looks like rain most of the day here as well. Good day to do garage projects.  Maybe finish up my trailer steps.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.........back home about 10;30 ish. all unloaded and put away!!!!! the wolves, duck killed reminded me i stopped at Wheezy outdoors........on the way up i noticed they had a sign on the road........SUPPORT WOLF MANAGEMENT!!! so i stopped and asked if they could get me a couple. his wife works at the MDHA office in rapids.......hopefully pick it up next week!!!

rained some on the way home.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Not often that I am the first one to post here in the morning.  JB has the day off and Mike must be sleeping in.  AND that is ok.  When I try to sleep late Jake comes in and wakes me up.  It is wet here but just dew I think.  We got our new yard light put up by North Star yesterday.  Works great.  We have a remote switch in the house for it.  One of those plug in things with the remote.  I still haven't put the carb on the WD so mayhaps it will get done today.  ???  It is 50 here and hoping for a 60 today.  Have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 51 @ 1st peek here & 58 will be our high. It looked like quite a few were getting :deer: licenses at L & M yday. A big crew putting out hunting & ice fishing gear, along with getting ready for their upcoming bucket sale too. I think it's MEA weekend so there should be a few over at the resort & out on the bay. Did some putzin in the shed & raking leaves after we got home yday. I'll start with picking those up today. No more now, have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Bad news for my 5' brush mower. Once I had it here I looked into the weight of the mower and lifting cap. of the tractor. It's too big (heavy) for my Kubota. It's right at the max amount it can lift. I called the gentleman up and asked if he would swap it for the newer 4' one, which is 140 pounds lighter, he had there and he said yes. So I got to go for a two hour drive to exchange them. So today I have someone coming by at 11:00 to pick up my Lincoln welder and stuff that goes with it, we're going to go to Osakis to pick out firearms for gun bingo in April and the BIL is stopping by to load up wheelers for this weekend. Need to try to sneak in an oil change somewhere in there too. Should sleep good tonight, later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You mean all today?????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Sitting out in the ground blind with the granddaughter hoping for a deer. We had 50 this morning and a little bit of rain/drizzle early. But nothing now. It is a calm quiet morning. Just need a deer to stroll by. Have a good one boys.