Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5321990 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 32 here & on our way to 41. Got a chance of a couple of flurries ~ 9. Kind of foggy in some spots too. Sent my last Xmas order in to Amazon yday, so I might wrap another 1 today. Not a lot else here, hopin your Sunday's a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, slept in some this morning!!   felt good too!!   28 here and again the upper 30's today..  got a few things to do today but no rush..   have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 23 here and I just poured my first cup of java.  I slept late too.  Man it felt good.  I have been on a high prednisone schedule to hopefully get rid of inflammation from pain and or arthritis.  Hoping it leads to an MRI instead of just Xrays.  One of the side effects is insomnia.  Haven't been sleeping like a baby lately.  LOL   Nice Mark.  Something about ones woodsplitter.  I get great enjoyment running mine too since I made it from scratch.  So I can relate.  That motor fits there nicely.  No big plans here today.  Just watch the NFL games and hope our rivals all lose.   Thinking of a big Porterhouse steak this afternoon.  Gonna be a great day for it. You all have a great one and good luck JB.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........retiree party was fun. seen people i only see once a year. even came home with a $25.00 target gift card!!!! :happy1:

had a  turkey in the freezer for to long so grillin that up today. hopefully i can figure out how to post pictures with this new phone!!!!! :bonk: :surrender: :rotflmao:

got a few other things i can finish up today too!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking I may just hang out and watch some football today. Don't have anything that can't wait until tomorrow, right Barry? Thanks for the comments on the splitter guys. It started on the first pull yesterday and that's why the red one is sitting on the bench. Have a great day everyone, Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What kind of phone is it Glenn?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What kind of phone is it Glenn?
samsung galaxy S23. been kinda looking at google, confusing..........may have to wait till the grandkids or kids show up!!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 33 and gloomy here. The kids pooches and kitty cat are coming over for the Wild game that starts at 1, sure like our Sunday gatherings. Better go check the Traeger...See ya!! I gots the same cellular Glenn.  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 & foggy at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Got everything accomplished I set out to do yesterday but am feeling it this morning.  Still have to stack the cornstalk bales but at least they're off the hay rack & in the barn. Can take the rack back after lunch. Using my own pin so I know it'll have a hairpin in it. Thought about making a FF run but bird seed will last a few days yet. Can go during the week since I hate crowds. After taking out garbage & stacking bales, prolly put a bale in the yearling lot & go harvest more dogwood. Hopefully I remember to thaw out some burger. A Dotch's work is never done... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 here and that is supposed to be the high today. No deerzies yesterday morning again. We cut firewood and loaded up the wood shed yesterday afternoon. This warmer weather certainly uses less wood. We still have ice. It will be interesting to see what happens if we get a west wind. Wondering if it will blow open. Otherwise just getting ready to head back to the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a good day to get some firearms put away, cept the 50cal, clean up the knives used from doing hides and put on window treatments on the windows. That will be enough, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  This afternoon it is a sanitize all the sausage making equipment and get it tucked away for a bit.  Yes it was fun and good run but enough of that for a bit now.  We still have some to get packaged up today as well.  But we are still making ice and it's about that time to get on it.   Have a great day All.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 23 now & headed for 40, I hear. We have 100% Rh so it's a little foggy again today. We had a trip to Marshalltown for a post-op exam planned but we just got a voicemail saying it has been cancelled. :rolleyes: Got a little runnin to do today but that's it, have a good 1.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 24 here and heading for 34 today..  and fog here too..  got a few things on them agenda today but nothing pressing..  the best kind!!   have a good day all!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 31 and may drift up to 34 today.  Mid to upper 40's here on Wed and Thur.  Yes my wood pile is looking good too.  I start a fire every other day or so to keep the slab 50 ish.  Then a fire gets it up to 60 - 70 quick.  We look good the whole month of Dec actually.   :happy1:  I am going to the grocery store to see the retirees shopping today.  Need to stock up on some things.  Well you all have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Was real foggy overnight so trees were all white this a.m. No sun so Mother Nature really didn't get purty for us. Typical quiet Monday a.m. in December so far as I lick my wounds from the weekend. Yesterday after chores, tossed the wife's indoor fall decorations over the fence to the sheep, took out the garbage, stacked the 115 cornstalk bales, returned the hayrack, and put a round bale in the yearling ewe lot. Didn't get any dogwood harvested tho. Gotta save some stuff for seed. Prolly do that this afternoon if I get a chance and cut some of the old growth back on the existing bushes. Liking this mild December weather so far. Nice not to be battling snow every day.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.....dang got a full 7 hours in  today.  :pouty: :tongue: :rolleyes: got some venny on the dehydrator!!! fewoother goodies to tend to!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here and heading for 30 it says. Warm weather coming tomorrow. West winds today and stronger west winds tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how the ice holds up. A couple of us from work are flying down to the crapties today for a open house on 3D printing materials. So a little different day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 here and hope to see 31 today..  things are white here, for awhile any way..  sure is making a mess of things!!   got a few things to do today so just go with that!!   have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 31 now & we're on our way to 36. Big warmup coming here too, 44 tomorrow then 54 for Thursday & Friday. The trip to Marshalltown got rescheduled to today at 10:00, so we'll be leavin here around 8. 'Bout it here,  have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to Sauk Center to get my truck looked at. Sometimes when its started it will just lock up the steering column. I was told there is a sensor in there that may be bad. Might drive over to Country Cat and see if they have a new ignition switch for the wheeler while I'm in town. Gotta run, need to be there in 45 minutes, later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 28 and again will get into the 30's.  Hit 36 yesterday so not a lot of white even on the deck.  Going all of the way into town to pay some bills today.  Then I don't know what I will do after that.  Mayhaps do some reading.  Reading a good series now on my Kindle.  Even after being retired for over 5 years I get a little pang of guilt just sitting and reading.  LOL  I am getting used to it though.  Well you all have a good day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 at choretime, heading for a high in the mid-30's. Some lite snow overnite. Didn't see it after Gunsmoke or before I got up to pee about 4:30. ~.2" snow & .02" worth of liquid equivalent precip & about the same in Bugtussle. Warmer stretch coming up with mid-40's tomorrow, low 50's Thursday & upper 40's Friday. Odds of me sitting inside for any length of time on those days practically zero. Be nice to get the stockpiled manure hauled while it's thawed. Otherwise the piles are a nuisance when it's time to move snow. Gotta finish writing copy this a.m. so back to our regularly scheduled program.   
« Last Edit: December 12/05/23, 09:12:26 AM by Dotch »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO here is my morning.  So Cooper, Jake and I jump into my beloved knock around 1994 F-150 4wd.  Love the truck.  We go to pay bills as we always do and enjoy.  Jake was kind of antsy.  When I got out of the truck on main street to pay a bill he jumped right out and was running up and down the block.  He was having a great time and couldn't wipe the smile off his face.  He ran up to some older ladies who were walking out of a coffee/gift shop with a green wash cloth they had just bought.  Jake ran right up to them grabbed it and swallowed it.  Well he is about 7 months old and 51 pounds and can run like the wind.  I am trying to get close enough to grab him. Across the street from the ladies I finally get him.  Now I am bent over with a sore hip and trying to walk 3/4 of a block bent over to get him to the truck.  He trips me and I fall right on my sore hip and it kind of stunned me.  I didn't let go of him.  A lady runs right over and asked if she could help.  I said will take my dog?  She did and helped me up and I sat on a planter thing.  Hurt like heck and was dazed.  I didn't hit my head.  Well I got up and started moving things and was ok.  Got that bill paid.  Went to Cenex and they already knew about it.  LOL   Got back in the truck to go pay the Auto Value bill and Cooper is actually licking his lips.  He took the bill from under the rock on the dash and ate the statement and the check.   !!!!   Now we go home and write another check out and go pay it.  I stopped and tried to pay for that ladies warsh cloth and they all just laughed and thought it was just great.  SO then I get home and outside poured about 1/3 of a bottle of peroxide down his throat and he puked up some of it and kept burping.  I dumped another 1/3 of a bottle down his throat and we started walking.  Went about 30' and he puked up the warshrag and his food.  He has ate the food a couple of times but pukes it back up cuz it has peroxide on it.  I dumped a bunch of water on it to dilute it.   This all happened before noon.   Actually Cooper jumped out to for a minute but he jumped right back in when I called him.  I do this every month so I wonder how next month will go.  We shall see.   :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
glad yer OK..  but next time set up a video!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy crap LPS...best take a nap!!!!! :rotflmao: cant take the kids anywhere nowadays!!!!

afternoon fellers....... not near the excitement LPS had, but basiclly shot the day away. headed to the union hall, V, our chief top secretary, i forgot the official title, got my email and helped me figure out picture posting,  :bs:"ed for awhile. then headed to st cloud. after an hour and a half at the SS office to deal with some things,  out the door home. i had put venision in the dehydrator before i left, wifey did a good job while i was gone put gas in truck and here i am!!!!!!

working on putting fish in brine now. that should be enough for today!!! :pouty:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee wiz lps, that's quite the adventure.  Glad he's ok. I couldn't top something like that with my pooches if I tried.. :bow:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man LPS. That was quite the adventure. Like Mike said next time you need the video camera setup.  :happy1: Glad you didn't get hurt.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
That’s a great story, LPS. I got a good laugh out if it, and can relate to it. I can’t top it, but I had a Dalmatian that introduced me to new neighbors while they were having a backyard barbecue party. The dog was fast as a greyhound and about the same age as Jake. He ran through their yard full of guests with me chasing behind. He only paused once to lift his leg and take a quick leak on their picnic table. After several trips around and through the crowd he headed back home with me still chasing him.

A few days later, my niece brought her new boyfriend over. While we were talking, the pup walked up to the boyfriend and took a perfect dump on the top of his shoe.
I still love my dogs.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
glad yer OK..  but next time set up a video!!!
Cue the theme from Benny Hill.