Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5328250 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ok I may have to get one too.  Are you going to put them on a flagpole at your houses or is it just to have one in case they change them?  I can see it either way.
i'd be flying it today if the weather wouldnt be what it is. i'll fly it. i put it on a piece of some kind of pipe i had with zip ties. i took down the bracket i had for flags when i put the new siding on the house. i have a wishing well out front i use a vise grip i attach it with.

currently thinking about putting a sign up when i do it that may say something to the extent this is my state flag and it aint woke!!!!!!! still mulling that over!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Would be fun to display it.  I told the wife it is only about $40 for the flag when she asked how much it is.  BUT I said it may be about $500 for the flag pole we will need.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok I may have to get one too.  Are you going to put them on a flagpole at your houses or is it just to have one in case they change them?  I can see it either way.

fly it!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Would be fun to display it.  I told the wife it is only about $40 for the flag when she asked how much it is.  BUT I said it may be about $500 for the flag pole we will need.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: that place i bought it from sells flagpoles to.......not sure how far they travel though!!! :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: Ours got bent in the big storm that put the 65' pine on our boat shed, DR had a tornado that same day.....5/19/22. The new 1 is 1 1/2 or 2" PVC that is cemented in the ground ~2'. Pretty sure it was cheaper than that  ;) :smiley:, it works great, & I think it's quite a bit stronger than the old 1. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 this morning and could see 30 but way less wind!!!  didn't do much yesterday outside...  today could be different..  not much on the agenda here...   have a good day all!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here and heading for 24 it says. It is nice and white here. I would say 4"-6" of snow here. Probably closer to the 6". Went out hunting yesterday evening. I picked the right spot. Got me a nice big doe. I finally got a deer with my muzzleloader. When I went to look for her I couldn't find any blood. I was thinking I missed. I was really starting to lose faith in the accuracy of the muzzleloader. Went home and asked the wife if she wanted to go with and look again. I just felt that I hit it. The way she hunched up and jumped. Seen that many times with a lung shot. It was about a 120 yard shot. So we went back and low and behold I found a spot of blood. It was just a pin drop here and there for about 80 yards and then we started to pick up a bit more. She went about 150 yards. It was a perfect double lung right behind the shoulder. There absolutely no expansion of the bullet. The entrance and exit were same size. I am shooting a 270 grain powerbelt. May have to rethink that bullet. If it wasn't for the snow we would have never found her. I will get her processed up this morning. Coffee is ready. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats JB!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 21 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. About a tenth of an inch of snow at the ranch, melted out to .01" worth of moisture. Got the the lambing barn lot cleaned out. Took 4 hefty loads out of there. Got things ready to go for today's hauling in the main barn. Have to pull the wagon full of corn out of the barn 1st before I can start. It's usually a bigger pain in the butt getting everything moved around than it is loading it. Be nice to have it done. At least I haven't needed to put the chains on, yet. Better eat my oatmeal, have my coffee & get the battle started.  :coffee:

Nice going jb!  :cool:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/10/23, 07:54:52 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
19 here this morning. 1-2 inches. Ground is white. At least the wind went down. Time to blow out the driveway.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice JB.  Fun that the wife helped find it with you.  It is 21 here and may see 27 so it is making ice.  Pretty calm too. Looks cold out. It is white here but I can see grass sticking up everywhere so not many inches.  I woke up and here the wife has our Christmas tree up and the stockings hung.   :happy1: :happy1:  This the season.  That sounds like a good flag pole design Gunner.  I may have to try that.  Well you all have a good day.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 22 here & we're lookin for 33 later. I too, stayed close to home yday. :scratch: Might have to find a reason to get out today though. No more now, have a good 1.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Woke up to 18 this morning and the wind has finally calmed down.  A few days of some cold and we might make it on the ice.   Many of the lakes went backwards the last few days so it will take a bit of time to heal up.  It will happen at some point.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot to mention. I could see open water out front here yesterday. We could use some cold to make some ice. Would be nice to fish by Christmas.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........congrats JB!!!!!! :happy1: my brother texted me a picture yesterday about 10 of 2 does he and my stepdad shot yesterday morning at stepdads place.  they have a 4 day anterless only season now. ends today!!! its only about a 2 hour drive to his place but he's got to damn many goofy rules!!!!  :pouty: :doofus: actually looking forward to going to Wisconsin again deer hunting...at least there are deer out there!!!!! :pouty:

got a pretty light schedule for today, so yea i would consider it a Mikey and Gunner kinda day!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats on the doe jb. Nice shot and glad you found her.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good job JB, nice to see you found the doe.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job on the deer jb!! Mornin peoples not much going on today, the kids n pooches are coming over fir free food n football after a bit, momma went shopping so it's good n queit as of now. Best run....See ya!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks fellers. Deer is all processed and in the freezer. Have 20 lbs of grinding meat, 6 nice roast and 3 packs of back straps.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 19 here and heading for 28 today. I couldn't see any open water out front yesterday. So maybe that skin Ed over. Definitely going to be a late start this season. That should be good for the fish. Not much else here. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Congrats JB!!    18 here this morning, no wind and can hear the lake making ice.  About one or two more days of this and I might just have to give it a test.  Got the snowmobile ready to go just waiting on ice.  Might have to tweek my racks a bit.   I have a feeling it will get used for fishing a bit more this season.  Today I am going to do a little re-wiring in the Clam so it will be ready as well.  I also have a couple Clamlocks to put on it.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 19 here and saying 33 today..   did get a few things done yesterday and have a few more today..  but nothing big at least!!  have a good day all!!   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 19 currently & hopin to see 38 later. No big projects in view here either, so back to my regular routine today. Have good day!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here and may hit 31.  Have to hit the post office today and the grocery store.  I will make sure Jake doesn't escape whilst on this adventure.  Will just take it easy and be careful.  LOL  Well the Vikes showed them who's boss.  LOL  At least we won.  Have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Roads were junk from Grand Rapids to Walker yesterday on the way home. Thinking my furnace guys will be back today to finish up. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 21 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Some flurries yesterday but no accumulation. Kinda dampish, murky, gray and cloudy today so far. Looking like more 40's on tap starting Thursday thru Sunday. Should give me time to finish barn cleaning. Hauled 8 more loads yesterday to bring my weekend total to 14. Body's a little stiff & sore today. You'd think that loading poop with the skidsteer & hauling with the tractor would make it a piece of cake. No doubt it helps. Can't imagine pitching that by hand like I used to. I'd be dead. All the climbing on & off plus cleaning out the tight spots or hunks that fall off with the pitchfork add up after a while though. Lick my wounds for a few days & hopefully finish up over the weekend.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fillers.......got a full 7 in plus OT!!  :pouty: yea right.  :rolleyes:

thinking a nap is on the agenda..........already got everything done outside for the day!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got a fire going and fed Bucko.  Still not snowing but real dark and feels like it could. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
A fire would feel great after being outside all day today, had one yesterday fer the game. As always Afternoon peoples the cellular says 30 and so does Alexa so it must be right..lol even tho they were yapping it might make upper tirties. Boy some football game yesterday,  think I counted 17 punts, those punters are soar today I'm guessing. Anywho was gonna mention something but now I forget.. I'll figure it out eventually....See ya!!!
« Last Edit: December 12/11/23, 03:21:35 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 19 here and that is the high for today it says. Supposed to actually drop from there for most of the day. I can hear the wind howling and it is coming from the west. When I got home from work last night I could see  lots of open water. The whole ice sheet was blown to the east. It was probably a 1/2 to 3/4 mile wide from Zipple all the way to Long point and beyond. With the forecasted temps not looking good to be fishing by Christmas. Oh well. It is good for the fishes to get a break. Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Oh ya, it was fun watching the Pack lose last night.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/12/23, 05:09:35 AM by Jerkbiat »