Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5330988 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Never been to the Albertville malls. Even when I lived there. And that is fine by me. I can remember going to snowmobile races on those lakes though before it was developed. Ah, the good ole days.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   39 and light rain this morning.  Did not freeze here all night.  Yesterday I seen 54.  Looking out at the lake this morning and I have nothing that I am going to repeat to say.  Might just get the boat ready.  Spring must be here.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Never been to the Albertville malls. Even when I lived there. And that is fine by me. I can remember going to snowmobile races on those lakes though before it was developed. Ah, the good ole days.

only went a couple times, Black and Decker was there then...  won't go there now...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i,ve only driven by it on 94 in recent times, from what i see there isnt a store there that would trip my trigger whatsoever. i couldnt go into those little kitchen type places without finding some kind of widgetr ot gadget i just hadda have!!  :rotflmao: :happy1:

now Runnings does that for me!!!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like Runnings and L&M Fleet. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I like Runnings and L&M Fleet.
:happy1: :happy1:yea good thing L&M is far enough away!!!! well so is Runnings for that matter. driving clear across st cloud stinks. think i hit the Monticello store more!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We used to hit the outlet mall just north of Owatonna(Medford) every year about this time too. Been at least 10 years now though.
« Last Edit: December 12/16/23, 07:16:21 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe 10 years ago or so they did a review of the biggest outlet malls on TV.  They pretty much showed how they raised their prices before the big shopping seasons and then had their mark downs to draw people in.  I think they started with better prices years ago but that went out the window. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tractor supply is ok too

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We Uused to hit the outlet mall just north of Owatonna(Medford) every year about this time too. Been at least 10 years now though.
before Cabelas built that store in Rogers we went down there too. made a night of it. went in that mall to......they seem to be one and the same. we did score some good deals when Cabelas had that outlet mall down there.

now cabelas has that bargain cave......but...... :surrender: :puke: :doah: :embarrassed:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There is now a Tractor Supply in the Falls.  In the old newspaper building.  We will stop there today for a salt block, dog food, and hickory chunks for the fatties I will be making tomorrow or Sunday.  You can bring dogs in there too but we don't.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
We Uused to hit the outlet mall just north of Owatonna(Medford) every year about this time too. Been at least 10 years now though.
before Cabelas built that store in Rogers we went down there too. made a night of it. went in that mall to......they seem to be one and the same. we did score some good deals when Cabelas had that outlet mall down there.

now cabelas has that bargain cave......but...... :surrender: :puke: :doah: :embarrassed:

Cabelas did away with the bargain caves.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Cabelas did away with the bargain caves.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: kinda shows you how often i go there now!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea the bargain cave is on line only, can't say the last time I walked into a store of theirs... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Rain supposedly moving in after 2 p.m. Be in farming mode after lunch. Got the wheel off the flare box yesterday. Gave the impact driver a workout. Had to be careful not to twist the lug nuts off. Were pretty warm even after multiple doses of monkey piss. Studebaker mechanic called & said he'd replaced the tire with one from an old set I'd brought in. Will have him do the other side after I get that off, hopefully this afternoon. Neighbor said he'd drop his skidsteer off today rather than tomorrow so will be a 3 ring circus for a few minutes anyway. Be nice to get another load or two of chit hauled but don't know if that'll happen.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/rockville-rocked-by-sudden-resignation-of-fire-chief-other-fire-officers

Hey Glenn an update on the Rockville fire fighters...  they resigned from leadership but will still be fire fighters...   still interesting... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/rockville-rocked-by-sudden-resignation-of-fire-chief-other-fire-officers

Hey Glenn an update on the Rockville fire fighters...  they resigned from leadership but will still be fire fighters...   still interesting...
still kinda crazy.....there's been political issues for a while in that town. over various things in the past. really doesnt surprise me. if i remember right a while back there was issues with people sticking there nose where it didnt belong.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny.  The oblivious city counsel whines they didn't have any warning.  Duh!  They just gave you 30 days notice.  There's yer warning!  :bonk:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny.  The oblivious city counsel whines they didn't have any warning.  Duh!  They just gave you 30 days notice.  There's yer warning!  :bonk:

Exactly.    The Mayor has no idea what would bring this on??  I call  :bs: :bs:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
On the Cabela's thing. I think they are now "Bass Pro Shops". I believe the store has gone steadily downhill since the takeover.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
On the Cabela's thing. I think they are now "Bass Pro Shops". I believe the store has gone steadily downhill since the takeover.

2nd that..........

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 Never been in any of them,  blow by if ya aks me. As always Afternoon forum fellas 43 at the moment.  Left work a smidge early to go grab the whipper snappers animals for the weekend,  a Golden retriever,  kitty cat and a guinea pig. First off open the pick em up door and the retriever almost had a squirrel at the bird feeders, he wiped out a lit moose in the process.  Got the rest in the house just fine but while carrying in the rodents cage kitty tried to make a break, gotter  before she headed into the backyard. Anywho drove by several decent size sloughs coming home and they look horrible,  tonight and tomorrow's rain won't help at all.  I best go grab a beer....see ya!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

I used to buy a lot from Cabelas including jackets and other clothes for everyday.  Used to like going to their stores too.  I don't anymore and don't really plan on it.  I don't want Bass Pro Shops on my camo.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't find the Incoming Weather thread and search doesn't  find it for me.  So I looked at the weather forecast for us.  No snow until a chance on Dec. 30.  Will have 40 next Friday with high 30's either side of that.  Then after Jan 1 it looks like single digit highs.  So we may pay for this nice weather we have been having. Would like to see some snow over the septic tank and water lines before it gets too cold. 

How do I get to the Incoming Weather?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't find the Incoming Weather thread and search doesn't  find it for me.  So I looked at the weather forecast for us.  No snow until a chance on Dec. 30.  Will have 40 next Friday with high 30's either side of that.  Then after Jan 1 it looks like single digit highs.  So we may pay for this nice weather we have been having. Would like to see some snow over the septic tank and water lines before it gets too cold. 

go yo forums,  it's in the general  discussion about 3 or 4 down.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

Last week they forecast the teens for this week.  They sure did not forecast 50s for yesterday.  So I think we just wait and see what it does.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Scenic, Incoming Weather is under the General category, under General Discussion.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here and heading for 37 today. I was looking forward to sleeping in this morning. But I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't sleep. Laid there for an hour trying. So up I got. We were home before dark last night and could see that there was still some open water out front. Just pockets, but still not looking good. I heard some resorts are taking people out.  :crazy: If you ask me. Well we will putz in the garage today and go get all my stands and blinds out of the woods. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 37 with some light rain now & we'll see 41 later. Rain is s'posed to hang around until about noon according to the hourly. Cooler by Monday but mid to upper 40's from Wenesday-Sunday in our forecast. Another roll with it kind of day here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 32 here and might see 36 today... got about 1/2 inch of snow and might get a bit more today...  511 is showing some color too... I don't have to leave til later this morning so all should be good for travel..  have a good day all!!