Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5331746 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  28 here and like JB should get to about 37 here.  Had a fun day shopping yesterday.  Menards has by far the best price on our Purina dog food so hit that and then to the opposite end for hickory chunks.  Then hit the liquor and grocery store.  I am so sore today that it is hard to walk.  Tylenol to the rescue when I get up.  Looking forward to football today.  Gonna wait till tomorrow to do a couple of fatties.  Saw a snowmobile moving slow by us on the river yesterday afternoon.  The wife said there is one of your buddies trying to get your attention.  LOL  As I was limping around M yesterday we saw a buddy from here and he fell off his tractor and has a sore shoulder.  Man we are all falling apart.  Better have all of the fun that we can whilst we can I guess... :happy1: :happy1:  Have a great Saturday!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  32 and light rain/snow this morning.  Roads are not great.  Just enough slush to throw some around and just enough frozen to send some to the ditch.  7 mile drive into town and seen 3 in the ditch.  A few days ago I was thinking about fishing today but after looking at the lake yesterday it is a shop day for me today. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 36 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Got a lot done yesterday afternoon. Put a tire back on the flare box & took another one off. Took more monkey piss & elbow grease to get that one off than the 1st one. Got my neighbor's skidsteer put in the shed, filled the tractor with gas, hefted a cast iron utility room sink out where the guy could get at it, then put the corn wagon back inside just as it was starting to rain. I hear ya Barry. Falling off a tractor usually doesn't end well. Kinda hurting meself today. This farming's a rough sport. Maybe a glenn/gunner/mikey kind of a day. Waiting for the rain to stop but looking like it'll continue part of the morning. Should get some groceries. If I get to the meat market it could be a boober kind of nite. I'd eat my Wheaties but don't want to wind up like Bruce Jenner so will settle for oatmeal and look like a Quaker I guess.   
« Last Edit: December 12/16/23, 08:30:34 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Fatties,  that sounds wonderful lps, gonna need some visuals. Mornin peoples 37 here and WET, the oldest is coming over fer wings n football oh and a couple lattes might get consumed.  Might treat myself to let da ladies run there fingers thru my hair as dey cut it after a bit, bout all I got going on, need to get bird feed tho. Have a great Saturday.....See ya!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......... not alot going on today. got a 60th b-day party for a good friend in Monticello this afternoon.
other then that..............did get alot of stuff inside the house done yesterday since it was raining most of the day!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OH NO!!!  Whilst grocery shopping yesterday the wife said get whatever you want. LOL  So I did.  As she was looking at the receipt on the way home she says, did you get turkey breakfast links.  I said no way.   Well since she left me unsupervised I did pick up turkey links.  Darn.  Yes they are kind of bland.  Glad I didn't buy anymore of them. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my wife curls her nose when i ask about getting ground turkey. i've had different types of mexican food with ground poultry and really like it. newver hot dogs or links though. they used to have turkey ham......i liked that stuff but its hard to find!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......well the b-day party was fun. she sent invites requesting RSVP's. half the people that said they'd come were no shows......drives me nuts. by the time we left Monticello the fog had lifted pretty well!!

not sure whats on the agenda today yet????

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 34 mow & on our way to 41. I like sliced turkey cold meat for sandwiches but I'm not big on the ground stuff. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 26 here and heading for 29 today it says. Well, we went and gathered the ground blinds and ladder stands yesterday afternoon. Except for the one that was stolen.  :angry2: Just makes me mad that people can't leave stuff alone. Gives a bad taste of fellow hunters. It wasn't in a spot next to a trail either. They had to walk to it to find. So tells me it was someone muzzleloader hunting. I will go walk around in the and see if maybe it got moved. Actually had that happen with that stand in a different spot. Only thing was it was missing one of the ladder sections because they only used 2 when they put it up. So I welded up another. And I see the queens lost too. Oh well have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice morning so far.  Gonna do the fatties so nothing else big on the agenda.  Got Bucko a new mineral block the other day so will have the wife lift it into the tub today.  I have it in the barn now so the weather doesn't erode it.  Lasts much longer.   Have a good one.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Added another .04" of rain the past 24 hrs. at the ranch. Was a dreary drizzler yesterday but I should've made boar's day by getting rid of a bunch of cardboard. Manure hauling on hold until the surface soil dries out. Be tracking a lot of mud otherwise. Waiting for some cinnamon rolls to get done then will tear into it.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So my farmer friend in Luverne said they have no frost in the ground.  Have had a lot of 50 degree days yet.  I spose you too Dotch.  Man have times changed.  We used to deer hunt in very cold weather and lots of snow some years that made it hard to hunt.  Too warm now days to even gut the deer and take care of it without spoiling. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Here's an old injun trick for you Glenn. Instead of peanut butter use Carmel wrapped around the pan for the smart ones.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: injun trick.....thats offensive!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i've pretty much weeded out all the old traps!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Probably catch glenn!  :evil:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought the same thing, Dotch. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, made it to Monticello and back!!!!  rather thick fog all the way there yesterday..  nice today on the drive home...   was nice to the kids and grandkids!!!   have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So my farmer friend in Luverne said they have no frost in the ground.  Have had a lot of 50 degree days yet.  I spose you too Dotch.  Man have times changed.  We used to deer hunt in very cold weather and lots of snow some years that made it hard to hunt.  Too warm now days to even gut the deer and take care of it without spoiling.
Everything goes in cycles. I remember back around 2000 we were still boat fishing on Millacs at Christmas time. Then back in the 80s when I was a kid we had a really warm winter or 2. Been plenty of warm deer seasons too. Our deer were always fine. Trick was to get the hide off right away just like bear and they would cool down nicely.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. It's Monday   :doah: up and att'em

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 5 here and heading for 18 today. Sure got windy last night. I woke up around 2 and noticed the northern lights. I looked at the ring camera and they were really dancing from just after midnight until about 4. Really cool. Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 12 here and going to try for 23 today..   winds are still up there but as bad as last night!!  supposed to be windy all day today..  slept good last night, never sleep that good when I'm not at home..  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 23 now & we may see 25. NW winds @ 20+ through early afternoon predicted here. Nothin big on the horizon for today, so far. Have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is only 3 here but may make 21 then back to 35 tomorrow.  Man it was windy when I let the dogs out at 10 last night.  It surprised me.  Well not a lot going today, so will be a low stress day so far.  We shall see.  I will think of something to do.  Well lets all stay out of trouble. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

This mornings catch is just too cute not to share!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OMG Roony, that is one cute little mouse.  Unique coloring too.  What kind is that?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  So Roony how is the back doing?  Good I hope.  Do you know when that pic of the boat on Ottertail was taken?  Just curious.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I call him paleface!
Pretty sureit was that day but I saw it online so it could be fake.
« Last Edit: December 12/18/23, 08:57:41 AM by roony »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 17 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. A quick hitter snow-squall last nite ~7 but nothing measurable. With the wind overnite, St. Olaf was mostly open again this a.m. after having skim-ice over most of the lake surface yet on Saturday. Froze 10 squash yesterday & tossed any that were going out of code over the fence to the sheep. They also got the squash guts and skins from the freezer process. so they were in hog heaven. Should put the last of the low-octane hay in the feeder tonite. It's a smallish one so will have to start on some two year old third cutting in another day or two. roony gets all the good mice... :pouty: Haven't seen much activity in the traps or bait boxes either one since I caught one a couple weeks ago. Between the traps, poison, & cats, it ain't easy being a mouse around here.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.......done at store. trip to st Joe to talk to a yammy dealer about the wheeler up nort, then a good possibility of a nap!!!! dtch style!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: Still plenty of time for that shipment to arrive in CS before Christmas... :coffee: