Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5331832 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure glad I helped ya with the postage!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, I can catch mice where there are no mice. I will have to share some more best ways of trapping with you guys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't stand the bastages.  Smelly infested things.  When we moved here 18 years ago the pasture was long grass.  The dogs were running all over with mice tails sticking out of their mouths.  They couldn't catch them fast enough.  That is where the horses came in the picture.  Not near as bad now, may go in streaks.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My last dog, a smaller Black Lab, just hated mice
 When she caught scent of one she got very serious. I sure miss Frieda.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, I can catch mice where there are no mice. I will have to share some more best ways of trapping with you guys.

I haven't taped glenn's Christmas present shut yet... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It has made it up to 17 and head for 29. It appeared last night when I got home that all the open water has froze over again. Now to see if it will stay. All depends on how windy I gets with the warm temps coming over the weekend.  Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23 here and hope to 56 or 37 today..   winds are down too...  got a few things to putz with today but nothing pressing..  soo   have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 15 here & we should see 37 later. Still kind of windy today, 13-17, but it's out of the south today. Got a couple things to get me out of the house again today. The laundry basket is pretty full too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  22 here and should get to lower 30's.  Stoked the fire twice yesterday so should be warm in the garage yet.  Got a new book so will read some today.  On the radio this morning they said people are going to work having a cup of coffee then slipping out and going home after they punch in.  LOL  Times they have changed.  Have a good one.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. At 23° with a south breeze. Beautiful sunrise.
      This is the first morning in years I haven't had to go out and tend to a dog or two or three. Our last dog got put down yesterday. He was 13 years old and spent his whole life in a kennel at night and running free in the day. He will be missed.
      Amazing how many stories people have of their life with dogs. I guess I'm no different.
      Have a productive day, all.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So sorry to hear that TT.  That is just like losing a family member.  Are you looking at pups yet?  RIP

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......forgot to check the temp but not bad out when i went out to check on shadow!!!!!! think i'll get some of my frozenfoods ready for the cabin and tweek a few other things, other then that not much for today.

dang TT , sorry to hear about the pooch. those days suck bigtime!!!!! my first lab, spike spent his youth in an outside kennel letting him out always when we where around, until........we got our first sheltie, which was a  house dog. well since ole spike was pretty mello i just couldnt see him staying outside so he became a house dog too!!! andevery lab since has been a spoiled house dog. wouldnt have it any other way now!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for your loss TT, saying goodbye to a pup is tough.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Thank you. All of our dogs have lived in an outside kennel with each having their own run. No heat just plenty of dry straw, water and shelter from the cold and elements.
      Not sure we'll get another dog. I'm not sure I or we have the patience or desire to train another pup. We live close to a highway but, luckily, never had a dog go near it. Plus, sometimes my wife may spend a couple days at Mayo. Not fair to dogs.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your dog TT. Had to put my springer down last Dec. 23. 
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for your loss of your TT! It is a tuff thing to do. We had 2 labs that were 14 when they went to sleep. We haven't dogs since. We just are not home enough. Not fair to them.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin', er, I mean, afternoon comrades! Wow! Would you look at the time...lol  Was 13 for an overnite low, rose to 19 at choretime and was at the high of 37 moments ago. Been on a treadmill all day seems like, unable to get much done. For starters, the wife makes a couple arrangements and sends me off to work as though I have nothing else to do. I had a column to finish, bills to pay, a haircut appt., Poppy to tend to at lunchtime, a friend getting a package of lamb chops then, plus anything else that cropped up in the meantime. Turns out, the one outfit I was to deliver to was already in Texas! I wound up delivering that one to someone else. The other person I haven't been able to get ahold of yet. Seriously?  :confused: :scratch:

So sorry to hear of your news tt. Very tough for us, especially me personally, to be without a dog. I miss every one of them and everything they brought to the table. You can get a glimpse into how I feel about dogs in this week's Fencelines column.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear the sad news also TT,  hopefully it works for you guys to get another someday. I'll have one until they wheel me in the nursing home...or until momma says no more....then I'll buy 2.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
boober...dats funny!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: kinda the  way i feel about pooches.....love having them, especially now i'm retired. still can bee a pain when you gotta go somewhere without them. fortunately my son loves watching shadow.

however..........we have had the conversation where shadow could be our last dog!!!!! :pouty: :doah: to be determined!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We, I talked about the dogs I have had the other night and there were tears too remembering them.  When we got Jake a friend said you are too old to have a puppy.  That kind of bugged me for awhile.  Not anymore.  It was the right thing for us to do.  Not for everyone.  We do sacrifice some freedoms by having them but it works for us.  Sometimes they are a good excuse to not go somewhere when needed too.  LOL

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Those freedoms you speak of lps are filled with another kinda passion that only dog lovers know. Having a couple a couple acres at the lake and dock jumping to no end , I just couldn't fathem not scratching a pooch on the head after a day of having fun. Funny thing is, the pooch is mote excited when I get home than momma....lol.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a big DITTO!   LOL

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard for any human to match the love of a dog.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard for any human to match the love of a dog.

amen..........

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here and heading for 26 today. When I got home last night I walked out by the lake. I could see lights out on the ice down by Zipple and Morris point. So there is hope yet. Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  25 here and calling for 30s.   I am seeing a few fisherman out on the ice but most are still walking out.   I got an honest ice report yesterday so I will be out the next few days.  Vexilar and Strikemaster are both on the chargers this morning. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 29 and again they are saying 36 today..  yesterday didn't past 32 I think, cloud cover helped that..  got a few things I want to do today..  debating about going to town today or tomorrow..  I will figure that out too..   have a good day!!