Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332223 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -6 here and heading for 2 above today. I hear ya Scenic on the feeling violated. And to think the flannel furor raised the price of them again. I can't wait for that to take effect. I changed our the headlights in my blazer last night. Switched to LED. Hopefully they are brighter. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Good morning All.   JB I think you will like those LEDs.   Nothing worse than bad lighting at night. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, -8/-27 WC for our start & we may see 3. Some afternoon snow in the forecast too, ~ 1" here. Movin a little early today as we need to be in Mason City by 9:30. headed to Marshalltown for another eye appt early tomorrow from there. So we'll spend the night down there. There's a chance of 2-3" down there today, some wind too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
« Last Edit: January 01/18/24, 07:13:04 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is -14 here and may see 0 today.  I need to get oats and sunflower seeds today.  Will pay some bills too whilst in town.  Even though it has been a pretty mild winter it will still feel good to have this warm up that is coming.  We have a few days now of around 36-37 headed towards us.  I am glad we did get the snow that we got for insulation over the septic tank. I expect we may see some more snow when it warms up too.  Well stay warm and enjoy your day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -7 here and hope to see 2 or 3 above today..   plenty cold!!   not a whole lot going on today, kind of like a Glenn type day!!   have a good day all!!   

safe travels Gunner!! 
« Last Edit: January 01/18/24, 08:56:00 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I got most of the hard-pack snow scraped off both of the garage aprons yesterday with the tractor and loader. Went to town board meeting last night. Told them I thought the local sewer dist. is wanting WAAAY too much money to put in sewer. My cost for our place I estimated at $46,200.00. That's a lot money for a retired guy. Oh well, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! -3 at choretime heading for a high in the upper single digits above zero. It overachieved again yesterday topping out at 12 in Waseca & 10 in Owatonna. W/O the wind, it was a lot nicer doing chores last nite than it has been. Was even able to fill the main water tank with the hose vs. hauling 5-gallon buckets across the like I had been doing. The hydrant at the well just doesn't wanna when it gets down below zero for extended spells. The hydrant in the big barn is reliable but takes about a mile of hose to reach the other barn. Rather than mess with the one on the well pit and break something, just easier to haul it sometimes. Yup, markn that sewer sounds pretty steep for anyone. Just glad my terds keep rolling down the hill. Can't wait for MN's do-gooders to decide everyone's system needs a do-over, again. I know, don't give them any ideas... :rolleyes:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers...shelves ar full again.....

ah Mike.....iffin you plannin on a Glenn type day...........you'd be tired already!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

not much on the must do list today.....so i may start puttin things together for the next trip north...monday  or Tuesday next week!!!  :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Last night. Tomorrow wife and I are flying to Ft. Lauderdale. Getting on Celebrity Reflection for an 8 day cruise. Motel tomorrow. Then no internet till 29th. Supposed to be 80 degrees. tomorrow. Shorts weather.

:party3: :party3: :party3:
« Last Edit: January 01/18/24, 08:00:21 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun sir!! :happy1:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you, Ken. Celebrity is a good cruise line. And yeah, good idea to quit the internet. A year ago, I ended up with a huge bill because I somehow kept my phone looking for cell signals. Learned the hard way to use the ship’s Wi-Fi and even then only when I had to.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun Ken.  We have never been on a cruise but like to talk about it.  Food, view, relaxation sounds like the fun menu to me.  Do you have a room with a view or do they all?

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
We’ve done three big boat cruises—Alaska, really cool; Mediterranean, really cool; and Caribbean, nice, but not my cup of tea.
Did a European river cruise which was really good. Have another one scheduled late spring.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF! -11 here and heading for -2 today. Made the run to Roseau last night to hit the bank and grocery store. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -2 here and hope to see 2 today..   going up to Wadena this morning..   be a nice road trip..   after that who knows!!!   sure will be nice when it warms up a bit so I can fire up the grill!!!   some burgers would good off that!!!   have a good day all!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -17 here now.  Just dropped 3 degrees.  I have therapy this morning.  Too cold to have to leave the house today but I can handle it.  Ya Mike I am thinking grilling weather too.  Looks like it will get warmer here than the Fargo forecast is saying for them.  Looking forward to it.  Then the warm up in Feb and we will have it made.   :sleazy:  Have a nice drive up to Wadena Mike.  TGIF

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a trace of snow here overnight and a temp right around zero. Took a cruise out to the shop and started the wood stove.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Think I should move the SXS back into garage today and clean off the patio behind the house. Plow truck will have to sit outside for a day or two. Then fire up the burning barrel later this afternoon and get rid of some cardboard. Sounds like a two, maybe three beer project there. New Weathertech floor-mats for pick-up showed up yesterday and they look great. Tonneau cover, window trim and seat covers are left to do. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1: 
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............another mike gunner type day!!!! :happy1: :happy1: i'll figure something out!!!

real light dusting of snow here...looks like 3 above.

drive safe mike......whats in wadena yea cant get in Alex? it is kinda fun going to a new town and checking out new stores though!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............another mike gunner type day!!!! :happy1: :happy1: i'll figure something out!!!

real light dusting of snow here...looks like 3 above.

drive safe mike......whats in wadena yea cant get in Alex? it is kinda fun going to a new town and checking out new stores though!!! :happy1:

there is a Super One grocery store there and they carry some things I can't get in Alex...   plus they have porketta on sale and I have not tried theirs's yet..  I see it snowed real lite here too...  so drive real carefully!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
super one has bought out alot of grocery store lately liquor stores to, especially up north, they bought out the cub in grand rapids and promptly kick the union to the curb!!!! :bonk: :bonk: they also took over the grocery store in deer river.

i was in the one on hwy 2 in rapids.......looked like it didnt change much from the previous ownership. it be curious to know how well there shelves are stocked......the cashwise in st cloud sucks!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The brand new grocery and liquor store in the Falls is a Super One too.  Their prices did go up when they opened up the new store. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The brand new grocery and liquor store in the Falls is a Super One too.  Their prices did go up when they opened up the new store.
when hasnt prices gone up.  :doah: :confused: i've learned a whole lot about grocery retail the last 2 years. it crazy.

had a conversation with the gal that does this. at Teals anyway........on mondays all the last weeks "on sale" tags come down and the new ones go up. i noticed usually on thursdays there going around changing the price tags, some go up a little, others......well  :crazy: she told me she may have 6 items that went down a little in price..........and a hundred that went up......... and some things over a buck!!!!!

here's another good one. 2 weeks ago they had Ritz crackers on sale........3 for 10 bucks any size. a pretty good deal right???? 3.33 each. well wife came home with the cashwise ad........same Ritz cracker sale..........any size 2 for 5 bucks.......do the math 2,50 each!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! -4 at choretime heading for a high around 5 above. A dusting of snow yesterday, ~.3". Still melting it out as I almost forgot it had snowed. Just enough to cover up any icy spots so you can slip & fall on yer asset. Today & tomorrow then it should be out of its system for a while. I see Sven was talking that we've probably seen the worst of the winter. Hope he's right. If I go out on a limb like that, we end up freezing to death in Feb. then digging out of the snow until mid-April. I bet it's interesting to see the inner workings of the grocery business glenn. I noticed the price of bread here has gone thru the roof for whatever reason. Was like $3.49/loaf for the store brand last time I was in there. It jumped about a dollar since the time before when I bought it. Sure as hell isn't because of the wheat price. With spring wheat on yesterday's close at $6.88, ain't no one getting rich raising that stuff.     
« Last Edit: January 01/19/24, 09:41:12 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made it to Wadena and back, lucked out they had everything I had on my list!!!!   roads were OK... intersections was where it was slippery...   :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I lived at Ottertail they had a brand new meat market right across the road south from the Holiday station in Wadena.  I think they had to tear it down when the highway was widened.  The railroad tracks were right next to it too.  Very nice place.  A buddy got some oxtails there and made oxtail stew and it was absolutely great.  Keep wanting to try to make it.

o

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that was mostly Ed Daniels place...   I think the smoke house just west of that intersection is still there!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I keep waiting for someone to get Ted & Gen's restaurant at Aldrich up and running again. Sounds like it was close recently but fell thru. Used to really love going that place when I worked for the U in college. We'd work our tails off, load up on their appetizers including turkey gizzards, then bloat ourselves on their ribs for supper.
« Last Edit: January 01/19/24, 12:14:32 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea every thing I heard about that place was good...   to bad too...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -15 here this morning and heading for 6 above it says. I drove the pickup to work yesterday and went to the carwash after. It needed a bath. It has been sitting in the garage dirty since last fall. I probably should have wiped it down when I got home and it thawed out. But I didn't. Rather water spotty now. Oh well, nothing a damp towel won't cure . But, getting ready to head out fishing. So it will have to wait. Need to catch super. Then come on and do firewood.  Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -16 here and hoping for 5 above today..  got a few things to do today...  just not sure if I want to rush in to any thing...  oh well that just means all is good then!!!   have a good day all!!