Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5331902 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......momma left me unsupervised today and part of tomorrow morning!!!  :sleazy: she said she wasnt even scared!!!! :confused: :shocked: :rotflmao:

JB.......there's probably some tuna up in the cupboard iffin the fish dont cooperate!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

heading to clear lake to get my venny summer sausage and sticks today. need to pick up a jug of brandy for the cabin too!!!!! in the process of dusting of all my mounts.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, -11/-27 WC here & we're hoping to see 6 later. We left Marshalltown a little after 10 am yday & we pulled into town just before noon. We got down there just as it started to snow on Thursday :happy1:, it got windy & they ended up with 2.5". More down around Des Moines. No big plans here today yet, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is -22 here and they say it will get up to +9.  I will believe it when I see it.  Will be quick in and outs to the barn and garage today.  Unless I just have the wife go out for me.  LOLOL  That ain't gonna happen.  We are going to kill time till game time starts.  Maybe think of something fun to cook either today or tomorrow.  Have a good one and JB dress warm. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys were talking buying batteries.  A couple of months ago I needed one for the tractor.  NAPA just reopened under new ownership here.  I usually go to Auto Value cuz they are the Spee Dee place.  NAPA had a $50 off coupon so I got the regular ol battery there and it still cost me $160 even using the coupon.  When I was at AV the next time I checked and I could have gotten the battery there for the same price without the coupon.  Everyone is fleecing people.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
-15 to start the day, it's up to -9 now just putzing in the shop today.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of batteries, a couple of days ago I stopped in a shop to have them check which tire pressure sensor was giving me the "fault" indication. This only happened when it was cold so I/we assumed the battery in the sensor was weak (it's 14 years old). After some jiggering around (they were using the wrong year for the car) they found the faulty device and changed it. Being I have free rotation and it's been a while, I had them rotate the tires. The whole process took about a half hour. When they were done the guy comes out and says the car won't start and the battery is bad, reading 6 volts and for $300 they will replace it.  :confused: Now, the battery is 6 years old so It could certainly be possible but I had no issues even in the latest cold spell. Hummm. I told them to jump start it and I will take care of it. At home I couldn't detect any issues with the battery. However, this is not the time to be stranded on the side of the road so I brought it to FF and had it checked out. The guy said it is bad because it has less than 200 cranking amps (600 CCA batt). 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! -14 at choretime heading for a high in the lower single digits, above zero, I hope. Poppy & are unsupervised this a.m. so I'm sure law enforcement has been notified. Breakfast et, coffee drank, watched Bel & Bobby, now on to bigger & better things. Had a coyote hunter stop & ask permission which I gave him with my blessing. Bird feeders to fill, garbage to haul out, kitchen to clean up. A Dotch's work is never done I tell ya. Car club Christmas party tonite at the Willows. Guessing the secretary might say he's had enough. That'd be OK. He's 80-something & has done it a long time. We should be able to figure out how to make it work between the VP & I. Well, better get at 'er. Poppy is reminding me she has squirrels to chase. Or she needs to crap, or both... :scratch: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i hooked up the battery charger to mine this morning. hoping i can limp through the rest of the winter. yea i'm a tight azz!!!!! :rotflmao:

but i decided if  there is a next cold spell i'm gonna replace the battery..........i promise!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Drinking coffee and waiting for the Fed Ex truck to show up with a tonneau cover for the new truck and that will be today's project. Checked on prices for new 8' plows yesterday, Western and Boss. Looking like it's going to be in the 7k range installed. Should be able to get that and then some for the 1/2 ton with a plow on it to pay for the new one. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking about these battery issues.  Think these places that sell batteries are gouging customers because of the cold spell??

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bring jumper cables with you Glenn.  Just a matter of time and not long and your going to hear a click click. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bring jumper cables with you Glenn.  Just a matter of time and not long and your going to hear a click click.
:happy1: :happy1: both our vehicles have jumper cables.........and i have 2 tool boxes always in the truck...........enough to even fix a Ford!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples was -7 when I got up now it's 9 and actually feels pretty good in the sun. Gotta late start this morning but went to 1 of the car warshes otta the 8 to choose from and picked the wrong one. Drove in like normal it cleaned the underside but when I got to the center nuttin happened,  doors down there I sat. Looked up the phone# of the joint and thankfully someone answered. Dude came out and had to force the wash to run and man the door so I could leave. Anywho back to last weekend's battery purchase of 200 smackaroos for tge whipper snappers rig. I was talking about it at work and another guy tells me his kid works at the same chain of stores, he got the same brand as I did for 85$ thru his kid, that's a friggin mark up..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :happy1: got this in the mail today.  :happy1: pretty proud of it too!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I carry a jump start in my vehicles. I find it amazing what these little lithium batteries can do. Cost was a little over $100.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty nice Glenn. To bad though the Red Cross is down in south America handing out flyers telling people how to sneak into America.  :pouty:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I carry a jump start in my vehicles. I find it amazing what these little lithium batteries can do. Cost was a little over $100.
We have a 1000 amp Stanley jump start in our vehicles when we're going very far all year long as well as a good set of jumper cables. Have used it on other peoples vehicles more than our own.
« Last Edit: January 01/21/24, 07:06:38 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty nice Glenn. To bad though the Red Cross is down in south America handing out flyers telling people how to sneak into America.  :pouty:
red cross does a lot of different things. Some good some I don't agree with

I get a notice where my blood goes  and never leaves the country
They also sponsor swimming lessons that I'm a big advocate of.
« Last Edit: January 01/20/24, 05:25:24 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Proud of ya Glenn!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn you should be so proud of that.  You helped save lives by donating.  I do from time to time but not as dedicated as you.  My hat is off to you my friend!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys.  :happy1: pretty hard not to donate. Time gets close the emails, texts and phone calls are relentless.  :rotflmao: besides  the nurses there are pretty  decent   :sleazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 on the right side of the dial here this morning. Supposed to get all the way up to 19 today. They don't do much for blood drives up here in our neck of the woods. It's unfortunate. But I was also told that I can't donate because of the medication I am on. I think 8t is a good thing to donate blood. Well fishing was rather slow yesterday. But I did manage to catch enough for supper. Also got the woodshed loaded. Otherwise just getting ready to head out fishing again. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 7 here and hope to 20 today!!  with the sun out yesterday it seemed nicer, but it was still cold...   getting to where I can fire up the grill again!!  got an easy day planned for today..   have a good day all!! 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning, campers. Temperature and wind went up during the overnight. Up to 5° but south wind gusting to 35 mph.

I hear they will cancel the Southern Minnesota Bare Naked Kite Flying Club Convention. That's a shame.

Stay safe, everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, sounds like it's warmer up north than it is here as we only have 2 but we're lookin for about the same temp (19) for the high today. Got a lot of mid 30's & even a couple upper 40's, the 1st weekend in February, in our extended forecast. Some rain middle of this week too, hope it comes during the day. :scratch: No more now, have a great day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........8 on the plus side when i looked. see the trees moving a tad. supervisor is coming home today!! :rotflmao: reckon i'll do my walkabout the yard again..mayhaps get some things packed for my tuesday departure! :happy1:

tonight is the big Teals Christmas shindig!!!!!!! so yea taking the wife out on a date!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: i guess we gotta meet at Grumpy's after 3 for a pre party refreshment or 2. who am i to argue!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Grumpy's?? 

did they name the place after you???    people want to know!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I bet it was a hard decision whether they called the place GLENNs or Grumpys.  LOL  Well it is 13 here too.  Windy from the SE it seems.  There must be the fox hanging around, hope it isn't a coyote.  Bucko is a little uppity this morning and the dogs too.  Snow is blowing off the roof.  That was one he77 of a game with the Pack and 49ers last night.  Glad I stayed up till the the end.  Gonna be a couple of good games today too.  At least they start earlier today.  2 oclock I believe.  Well time for more java.  Later boys.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Grumpy's?? 

did they name the place after you???    people want to know!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: OK smartypants..........no it wasnt named after me.......it was named after the former owner....himself.

there's 3 bars on the main drag......back in the day.....they where called the side, middle and end bars. with change of ownerships..the side still remains the same......the middle bar....which is across  the street from the bakery is now Grumpy's and the end is now Winners!!!