Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5045557 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope the BIL Heals up well Roony!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That sounds fun Mark.  I used to do some trap shooting and really liked it.  I got a 23 once.  LOL  Used to golf too but never was real good at it but did enjoy it too.  JB have you done potatoes in a bucket before?  That sounds interesting.  We need to get tomatoes and cukes going here.  The Grandson is here and itching to get on a wheeler.  He has a helmet he wears too. Well need to go so see ya later, have a great day.
Yes, we did potatoes in buckets 2 years ago for the first time. Got quite a few. But I didn't get them planted until late June. So they were on the small side. Probably 4 weeks ahead this year. So we will see what happens.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Roony.....hoping for the best for that BIL of yours!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That sounds fun Mark.  I used to do some trap shooting and really liked it.  I got a 23 once.  LOL  Used to golf too but never was real good at it but did enjoy it too.  JB have you done potatoes in a bucket before?  That sounds interesting.  We need to get tomatoes and cukes going here.  The Grandson is here and itching to get on a wheeler.  He has a helmet he wears too. Well need to go so see ya later, have a great day.
Yes, we did potatoes in buckets 2 years ago for the first time. Got quite a few. But I didn't get them planted until late June. So they were on the small side. Probably 4 weeks ahead this year. So we will see what happens.

So did you buy potato plants or plant a potato eye?   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
back in the day when i planted taters......i bought seed potatoes then cut them in pieces making sure they had at least 2 eyes. they had to be facing up too!!!!!

and as the old wives tale was potatoes where supposed to be planted on good friday........youz guyz are a tad late!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Bought just a bag of potato seeds/eyes. There are plenty of videos on YouTube.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully the bro in-law is doing good roony!! You can always hope the fence fairy shows up Dotch,  never know she could be tailing big foot at the time.. ;)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
back in the day when i planted taters......i bought seed potatoes then cut them in pieces making sure they had at least 2 eyes. they had to be facing up too!!!!!

and as the old wives tale was potatoes where supposed to be planted on good friday........youz guyz are a tad late!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I was really late last time. But, we are a we bit north of you. 1 of the rules I heard was 2 weeks prior to the last frost. Should do better this time.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dont need YouToobe JB........just ask us!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :sleazy: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When we bought our maters and cukes at Pipers in Williams today they said that there was frost in the area last night.  So you may be right on. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
dont need YouToobe JB........just ask us!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :sleazy: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So after about 6 years of saying awe next year.... a new driveway and sidewalk!! :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Cement looks great Glenn!!  :happy1:

Barry, did Pipers still have plenty of Tomato plants?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good for sure, but where are the dog prints???     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good for sure, but where are the dog prints???     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: I had a close call. Been dreading it all day. He ain't happy if he isn't outside with me. Sue said he whined alot.  :shocked: 

I took dome garbage out him with. I lost site of him for a second. Called him and of course comes running threw the garage over the new cement   :confused: luckily enough it was set up hard enough so no doggy prints.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

character marks!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes JB they had lots of tomato plants.  Some were 2' tall.  I tried to ask her how much they were but she just kept talking and I don't even think she heard me as I asked about them.  LOL We like early girls and they had them and others too.   Now in 4 packs instead of 6 packs which works well for us. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool. May have to stop there tomorrow after work.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here and heading for 71 today. Sounds like rain later today. Saying about a 1/2" or less is the prediction on the weather last night. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes I am up already.  The squitos chased me out of the bedroom.  We installed the window AC yesterday and I think they are coming right through it.  Jake was snapping at them and I was slapping them.  We gave up.  There was about 10 of them on the walls so I killed them too.  We seal it all up with packing tape every year.  Usually works pretty good. I started the AC up to see if it helped.  ???  Man it is windy already.  50 and should see 78.  We sat on the deck late afternoon and it got to about 80.  Felt good for awhile.  Hauled a lot of dead trees to the brush pile and have a few left for today.  The river has gone down a few inches.  The wife changed the hummers water yesterday too.  Well have a good one.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  57 here this morning heading into the 70s they say.   Looking into AC for the shop today.  Sounds like we will be working in there a bit more this year and I hate being hot.   Working on a floor replacement on a 16' Northwoods.   Also going to start a transom replacement on a Pro V tonight.   Have a great day. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 here and hope to see 71..   sounds like rain here today too..  not sure how much...   skeeters suck when you want to sleep!!  got a few things to do today...   have a good day all!!   

I did get the mowing done yesterday, glad about that...   
« Last Edit: May 05/30/24, 07:55:06 AM by mike89 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas run to town for mower and LP for camper this morning and then cut grass. Went to meeting Tuesday night for our new sewer assessment. There goes 30K to them plus another 15K to dig it in from house to main in the ditch. I'm sooooo happy, not. Now I'm upset again, later...... :angry: :angry:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 52 for our start & we're on our way to 74. Rain here by ~ 7, the hourly says. :scratch: Did get part of the mowing done but I'd already sprayed part of it, so that'll get mowed today. Moved the lift a bit shallower yday early, then got the canopy on it too. Not sure where I'll start today yet, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. No rain so that's a moral victory of sorts. Wetter than snot out in the fields in places yesterday. Left some nasty ruts with the Gator & had to back out of several spots. Farmers are picking their spots spraying. Pretty breezy, gusting over 20 mph this a.m. so hopefully they're not out killing the neighbor's beans. We'll know in a couple weeks. Fed the mosquitoes last nite working on the fence. The more I work on it the more pissed off I get. Got halfway done putting insulators on & straightening posts up until almost dark. Ran out of breeze and waved the white flag. There are at least 4 different kinds of T-posts. Insulators fit better on some than others. Some U-posts too that insulators don't fit on worth a crap. I need a half dozen more T-posts to replace them.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do feel for you Dotch.  Shouldn't have happened.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......done at store.........new driveway looks SAweet!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: best part no doggy paw prints!!!!!! :bow: :happy1: :rotflmao:

think i'm gonna use the electric leaf blower and dust the garage.......cement dust all friggin over da place and spray weeds in the lawn is also on the agenda!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas run to town for mower and LP for camper this morning and then cut grass. Went to meeting Tuesday night for our new sewer assessment. There goes 30K to them plus another 15K to dig it in from house to main in the ditch. I'm sooooo happy, not. Now I'm upset again, later...... :angry: :angry:
For some reason I thought you lived further out in the country. Are you that close to town that you are getting city sewer and water?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Complete shame.  No sense in it.  RIP.