Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5335786 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
she could handle the dock better any how!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
For some reason Dotch I keep giving her a reason to chase me about the property.  Afternoon boys, with the rain I had to relocate da grill to the garage but things are going good. Sun is out now, ended up with an 1 1/2 this morning, so much fer mow lawning..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
she could handle the dock better any how!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: awe go play with your scooter!!!!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

quit raining here, a little over an inch since I checked this morning, so a bit over 2 inches here since last nite!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: we should be good for a bit.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ya, you should be used to 2".    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :evil:
« Last Edit: July 07/01/18, 03:35:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
59 degrees and raining since about 10am.  Went to Virginia for to get a couple of deep cycle Batts for the trolling motor.  Seemed like they were getting weak, and when I looked they were front June 2010.

I'll put them in when the rain quits

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We got 1.5" of rain here. It was a good day for indoor chores.....
« Last Edit: July 07/01/18, 05:52:11 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just got off the lawnmower. OMG for mosquitoes! Out in the breeze it wasn't bad but anytime you got into a sheltered area they were on you like a swarm of bees. I hope the fence at the other pasture isn't grounded out or someone will need to form a posse & come looking for me.  :mad1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Second consecutive day here in the 100's, 105*yesterday and 103* today. No clouds or a breeze to blow the heat and humidity away either day. I can't wait for tomorrow, rain and only a high of 91.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ended up at .8 here and the skeeters are super bad tonight!!!  they came out all at once!!!!  raised the up on the lift again!!  over 3 inches of rain this weekend!!!!  that's life!!!   have a good evening folks!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Wow all this talk of rain and we got a whopping .3" of rain last night. In the last week we have gotten a total of .6" of rain. I guess you guys down south are keeping it all down there. That's ok too. It will get here in time and then never quit. Well, another fine Monday. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sun this morning!!  a chance of rain today, send it to Cold Spring!!!  mow some grass today and then see what's next!!  have a good day!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 59* @  :fishing: time. Got 1 little walleye. It quit here ~ 2 yday & I just dumped .5" out of the gauges. That's 3.3" since Friday morning, going to have to move the lift a little shallower too, mike. Talked to 1 of the neighbors across the bay yday & he said according to his measurements the lake is up 10" since he put his lift in. Going to have to do some mowing soon too, see how quick it dries enough to get at it. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning................man i could take these temps the rest of the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: looks like lawn mowing tonite and i got so many peppers coming in i need to stake and tie up the plants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
We had 1.15 inch a rain over the weekend.I hate that 70s dewpoint and been hiding out in a dark  room my eyeball injections make me light sensitive for a few days.Had my first cherry maters yesterday 8 of em 6 orange an 2 red.Thanks for the nord meal Glenn!!! DELISH! Have you tried that bug dope? Gotta mow today and lots of clippings can go into my maters I think the ground is heated enough,Should have the first real mater 2-3 days that will beat my earliest date of first mater July 8th by abit!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
them nords came from up nort!!!!!! and no i havent, sat when i watered the hosta's up front i seen a few but then it slipped my mind then rain. i'll get at maybe tomorrow!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime on its way to the mid-80's. .60" of precip at the ranch over the weekend and 1.03" in Bugtussle proper. Fence was not grounded out at the other pasture yesterday so lucked out. Was grounded out 3 days in a row tho including during Friday's scorcher. Seems to be a bunch of woodchucks in there that may be the culprits. A live trap with some apples in it may be in their future if they don't knock it off or move on. :angry2:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to deal with a couple of them when I worked on the golf course.  :tut: They can be a real PITA to get rid of. :angry2:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We had just enough to get our deck wet with rain.  Been having radishs the last few days.  The lettuce is still doing good too.  I just cut firewood till it got too hot out.  Now am going to go to town for some bread and then sit in AC and make Ice Rigs.  Maybe turn on a cooking or hunting/fishing show for background noise.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had to deal with a couple of them when I worked on the golf course.  :tut: They can be a real PITA to get rid of. :angry2:

I agree. When I see one I shoot them at home. They can raise cain with a foundation in a hurry. Wish I still had my old black Lab. She was death on rats or chucks. Grab 'em by the neck, one shake, she'd windmill 'em and they were toast. On to the next one.  :happy1:

Those bass terds have been in the barn some nites at the other pasture too. Startle a person at first. Pretty good sized and making me think it's time to start bringing the 20 gauge SxS blunderbuss along.  :fudd:

Stay in the AC Barry! Maybe I'll send you some woodchuck to nosh on... ;) 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Ayup. Just ask Carl.   :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that movie...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got my back forty mowed.   No gophers.  :smiley:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got mine and the neighbors done today, my friend who is sick, I'll get his tomorrow..  no gophers here so far!!!   mow mow away!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all you gopher lovers.  Have you seen the guy who used one of those plastic 5 gallon water cooler jugs to drown out a striped gopher.  He called it a pocket gopher but it wasn't.  Maybe I saw it on here but it was great how good it worked.   And of course I told you about my old neighbor who clubbed a woodchuck with a shovel and they ate it.  They were mad at it cuz it kept eating the song bird eggs from their nests...  Looking like rain all over the state sometime today.  We are on the northern edge of it here.  Better get my outside stuff done early today just in case. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. No gophers here either. Although, we don't ever have them here. I don't think they are a big fan of the soil here. Black dirt on top of clay.  Works for me, no moles or gophers. When we lived in Becker we had both. The moles drove me nuts(short drive :crazy:). Well today is my friday. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. Raining here now. Woke about 2am to quire the thunder and lite show last nite. Our sheltie was cuddled up pretty tight between ma and I. :rotflmao: pretty good birth control, wait  :confused: :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 67* at last glance. Had more rain overnight but all I could see was ~ .1" in the gauge. Looks to be more on the way too. Yeah, we had plenty of gophers when I worked on the course, moles too, but 1 of group was real good at trappin those guys. It was the woodchucks that got in the cart sheds that raised a lot of he!!. Scared the sheet out of some of regulars, we too found that a 12-20 ga. shotgun was about the best method of control. Road trip again today as we need a few staples to get through the weekend. Sis & BIL are comin back up Saturday again, so there'll be a lot going on. Did get the lift moved in a few feet & the dock raised a bit too, yday. Had time for a little ride on the mower as well. Stay  :cool: & dry guys, hopin ya have a good Tuesday.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, wind thunder and some rain this morning so far...not even.1 of rain so far...  could be interesting mowing today...   not much else going on, have a good day!!!

WOW!!  south west Minn, by Tracy Slayton Walnut Grove areas is getting pounded for rain!!  7 inches in places already!!!
« Last Edit: July 07/03/18, 08:05:21 AM by mike89 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :shocked:

The National Weather Service in Sioux Falls has extended the

* Flash Flood Warning for...

Southeastern Lyon County in southwestern Minnesota...

* Until 115 PM CDT.

* At 736 AM CDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain across the
  warned area. Six to nine inches of rain have fallen. Flash
  flooding is already occurring.

Additional rainfall amounts of around an inch are possible in the
warned area.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone else wonder if boars in a Jamician jail yet??????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: