Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5458489 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
painted turtle laying her eggs out front tonight...   have not seen any snapping turtles yet....    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
my brother lives on the wisconsin river and has snapping turtles laying eggs on there shoreline alot. he always fenced that area off really good so the damn critters cant dig them up when they hatch he makes sure they get to the water safely.

wish  the heck we could do that at the cabin!!!!!! :confused: :pouty:

well time to increase the water bill again!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :banghead:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes, markn did stop by the MDHA booth several times. We had some good conversations and he must have forgotten to harass me or at least I don't remember it. I would like to give a big shout out to the High School Clay Target League coaches. They have done a great job of teaching the team members to be respectful and act like adults. It was very refreshing to have that many youngsters in one place with NO yelling, fighting or general rudeness that usually is associated with a large gathering like this. I had the opportunity to have conversations with quite a few of the participants and every single one impressed me with their knowledge and willingness to interact in a normal, civil manner. There is hope for the future. I was impressed. Thank you, Coaches.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks deadeye. You guys are “tops”. Like deadeye I’m very proud of all of the kids and parents we have had contact with this week plus.  Very respectful, all of them. Here’s my last two pictures, thanks for looking at them. (Click to enlarge). Later…

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/20/23, 06:31:57 AM by markn »
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 71 here and supposed to get into the 90s today.  :puke: I guess luckily the wind is off of the lake again today so that will help. But it also means no fishing off of the dock. The wind has been blowing from some form of East since last Wednesday. If I feel ambitious today I may try and service the Ranger. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
76 here already.....90's this afternoon. Hot and Windy. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 72 here and going for 90 also...   yuk!!!  I'm thinking I'll have to do my best to stay cool form the next few days...  oh joy!!!   have a good day!!   :happy1:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.   Looks like its going to be a hot one the next couple days.  Beginning to think the big lake up north (Superior) might just be a bit cooler place to be.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......yep gonna be ugly hot the next few days...... :doah: lotta rain chances coming says the weather terrorists!!!!! we shall see.

taking mom to ER  this morning............looks like the wife comes home tomorrow..just pushes the transportation thing out another day? :doah:

stay cool fella's!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup 92 here today.  The wife just left for work.  Been fun having her home.  Retirement training.  Man I woke up during the night not feeling to good.  Will be a day of rest for me.  That pup is a full time job anyways.  He is doing great and we can tell Cooper is just loving it too.  Cooper put the run on a fox the other day.  He saw it in the pasture and the fox laid down to hide so Cooper got even closer before he ran for the woven wire fence to the east.  He wasn't far ahead of Cooper neither.  Fun for both of them.  Glenn you are the man!  The women in your life must appreciate you for it too.  Well try to have a good day, all of you. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 65 at last glance here & we'll top out at 87, I'm hearin. Did get the lift straightened out but never touched the dock as the height looked good when I had the boat tied to it yday. I did move some sand in front of approach on the new shed too. Put down some rolls of EZ start seed on the east side, where we think it'll wash out the most, of the shed as well. Then had to give that a good long drink. I'll start out there again today. No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup 92 here today.  The wife just left for work.  Been fun having her home.  Retirement training.  Man I woke up during the night not feeling to good.  Will be a day of rest for me.  That pup is a full time job anyways.  He is doing great and we can tell Cooper is just loving it too.  Cooper put the run on a fox the other day.  He saw it in the pasture and the fox laid down to hide so Cooper got even closer before he ran for the woven wire fence to the east.  He wasn't far ahead of Cooper neither.  Fun for both of them.  Glenn you are the man!  The women in your life must appreciate you for it too.  Well try to have a good day, all of you.
thanks LPS....... yea they do but its beginning  to really wear on me. especially mom......she has a husband....... :scratch: :scratch: i get that when that time comes he doesnt have much to say, that will be up to my brother and myself....... sometimes i wanna say something but just let it be! :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Got the sheep hauled to Zumbrota yesterday. Don't miss any of them especially the ram. Takes an hour and change to get there. Got to do some crop watching as a result. Looks OK that way but like the color of our corn better here even though it got pummeled by the rain earlier. Copy is written so off to look at some fields after a bit. Better keep going. More sheep to move tomorrow morning to the neighbor's pasture so need to get mentally prepared for that.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We went up by White Bear Lake on Friday to meet my middle son's soon to be Mother in law. Seems a lot drier up there. Soil is a lot lighter I'm sure.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just came in from outside.  It is brutal out today.  I sit in a lawn chair in the shade and let the boys play.  Not a good day to dawdle out there.  Drink plenty of water if you are out in it.  (Dotch)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Just saw the map for air quality. Doesn't look good for south of here.

Noon today till 9:00 PM Thursday

100 degrees in Grand Forks. :thumbs: :thumbs:

« Last Edit: June 06/20/23, 04:27:48 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  Cooled off just a bit over night.  68 here this morning but heading in the 80s again.   Starting a garage demo that had a fire in it last winter.    I am thinking that is going to be a stinking hot sweaty mess.   But it will be great to just be done with it.  About all I got new going on.  Have a great day all !!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69 here and heading for high 80s also. Made 92 here yesterday. Yuck. Heading to see the doctor today. So a trip to Grand Forks it will be. They will schedule my physical therapy when I am there. I am thinking I may need a cane for awhile to walk. Or 1 crutch. I have been doing that quite a bit the last couple of days. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here this morning and going to 89 here too..   saying maybe not as humid...   we shall see!!!    going to Alex this morning to get a few things, should be a short trip...   good luck today JB!!    Glenn, good luck to you too getting Sue home!!!   have a good day all!!!   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
After nine days of volunteering (working for the most part) Mark is going to play today. We are headed to Ashby this morning for sporting clays and golf league then back home for lunch and a nap. Then back to the trap range evening for a few relaxing rounds of trap with the high school kids before they head to Prior Lake tomorrow and the State Championship. The yard can wait, too hot to mow and that's my excuse. Have a great all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 65 for us early on & 87 will be the high. :scratch: Think we broke 90 here yday too, JB. We're headed to town today as well. Not much else now, try to stay  :cool: & have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......yep plan today is bringing Sue home. havent heard from her yet so............

to hot out to do much outside. got a grad party on sat in Anoka........ my wife's side. looks like it has potential for rain.......bring it on!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man I am a hurtin unit today.  Don't know if I got food poisoning or the flu.  All night long I kept going to the bathroom with diarrhea and or vomiting.  I just got out of bed.  Just drank a glass of milk and will see how that lasts.  Later boys

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
PS:  My olive salad just arrived and it doesn't even sound good.  LOL

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Another warmish one. Good thing we weaned lambs from ewes. Put 11 ewes to go with the 6 already in our pasture at home & 8 over at the neighbor's. They were ornery today. After we were done, one of them smashed thru a panel & decided it wanted to get back in the pen with the lambs. Set her on her butt & dragged her over to the gate. Flopped her on her side and using the George Floyd maneuver on her, managed to unwire the panel and stuff her sorry asset back thru it. Not a good idea to mess with me when I was lathered up. I put another steel post in to reinforce the panel and problem solved. Forgot to haul a mineral feeder over to the neighbors so will do that this afternoon. Need to look at his soybeans anyway. Good luck glenn & feel better Barry.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man I am a hurtin unit today.  Don't know if I got food poisoning or the flu.  All night long I kept going to the bathroom with diarrhea and or vomiting.  I just got out of bed.  Just drank a glass of milk and will see how that lasts.  Later boys
Pictures or it didn't happen

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
last I heard stool softeners are not snacks!!!   sorry LPS hope yer doing better!!!!     

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Pictures or it didn't happen
Careful whatcha wish for roony!..lol. I'll start HH soon, that'll make ya feel better lps! Afternoon peoples,  the pick em up said 94 coming home, I can't help when its this hot thinking of how cold and crappy the days at work can be during the winter,  it helps.. The whipper snappers having issues with her dishwasher,  seams it's leaving black crap on the dishes, I'm hoping it has a filter hidden somewhere,  gonna swing by and start looking.  Anywho,  in the meantime might pull up a chair patio side...See ya!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon fellers finally home with the wife. What a friggin zoo it was.  :crazy: :doofus:

I've had my fill of medical facilities, don't even wanna drive by one. :confused: :rotflmao:

Friggin hot out to  :pouty:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Afternoon fellers finally home with the wife. What a friggin zoo it was.  :crazy: :doofus:

I've had my fill of medical facilities, don't even wanna drive by one. :confused: :rotflmao:

Friggin hot out to  :pouty:

Glad ya got her home.

You can start complaining about all the damage Saturdays storms are going to cause.   :cool: Weather is kinda weird to say the least this year.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093