Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5440578 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Hired my oldest son to put a new roof on the combine shed. He did a fine job. It's a great place to keep my firewood from getting snowed on. Been good weather for getting it done except for the wind.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
He put some knee braces in front and some gussets from the old steel
I should spray some rust-oleum on them.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got back from Browerville, went there to recycle the printer thats been dead for year's!!!  then stopped at Cherry grove..  it's owned by Mennonites i think, but they sell good stuff, and of course charge accordingly too..   got some deli corned beef and smoked cheese..  darn good stuff!!!   thinking corned beef hot dish in my future!!!   
« Last Edit: November 11/09/23, 11:12:07 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers... 32 here and had enough snow to cover the ground. Seen ador and fawn this morning. GROW some dang nabit horns  :confused:  :rotflmao:

Found 2 perfectly good home Depot pails.... with skunks in garbage bags. Pails didn't reek so....no such thing as to many 5 gal buckets! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice shed Roony.  Can't have enough sheds as long as they work.  Nice roof too. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... 32 here and had enough snow to cover the ground. Seen ador and fawn this morning. GROW some dang nabit horns  :confused:  :rotflmao:

Found 2 perfectly good home Depot pails.... with skunks in garbage bags. Pails didn't reek so....no such thing as to many 5 gal buckets! :happy1: :happy1:
And what did we do with the Skanks, skin em? Or send em to Dotch????   ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:sleazy:in the mail  :happy1: the least I could do! :happy1: :bow:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: & I was wonderin what an ador looks like? :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:          :rolleyes: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 here and might see 36 today..  got a bit of snow rain last night just after sunset..  nothing that lasted..   Marine Corp birthday today..   :happy1:  got a few things to do today and I will plug along with them..   have a good day all!! 

and way less wind today!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/10/23, 07:04:01 AM by mike89 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Back home up north from deer camp. Back where I have phone service again. Not sure what Verizon did. But the service down by Skime the last couple of years has really sucked. Got home yesterday afternoon and headed out hunting for a couple of hours. Then I commensed unpacking. Out hunting again this morning after a ruff night. Just after 11 my ticker started racing around 140 bpm. Tried to get it to stop. Finally after almost 2 hours we started heading for the ER. Made it about 2 miles and it settled down. Thankfully!!! Well here's for hoping to see big Hank this morning. Or even Mrs Hank. It was a tuff hunt at deer camp. To many pictures of wolves. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 35 here & we'll hit 44 later. It got pretty nice yday here as we didn't get the high winds they were forecasting. :happy1: A couple things on my list for today, nothin big though. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Scary stuff jb, hopefully everything is good.  Mornin peoples 36 as we speak,  the pooch has a vet appointment soon then I have a DOT physical afterwards then follow that up with a visit to my regular doc, just fer meds on that one. Gotta try to squeeze in a haircut then it'll be putzing around here maybe change oil in the snow chucker.  Best get after it...See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea scary stuff JB!!  glad it's better!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all ... in da woods looking for billy buck that ain't there?? :confused: not to shabby weather wise. Even after the light snow that stuck to the ground yesterday not 1 iotta signs of any deer  :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man JB, glad to hear that it settled down.  Be careful.  We got more soft fluffy snow early this morning.  What a winter wonderland.  Now I see 55 in a few days so will be real muddy.  I only have one bale out for Bucko.  Should have done 2 whilst the ground was froze.  I will have to have the wife get up early some morning whilst it is froze and take care of that for me.  LOLOL   Ain't happening. He is actually back to eating the green grass that is below the snow.  The neighborhood eagle just went by, I think that means it is going to be a great day.  Have a good one all of youse.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 34 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's, along with cloudy and dreary. No kidding Barry. Be careful jb. Just talked to a friend from the car club yesterday who was having chest pains, came in the house, took 3 aspirin, laid down, felt better so went back outside. Got worse again so they went to Waseca. Got done with his appt. & had a heart attack. Had to perform CPR and had to jump start him to bring him back so they could give him a helicopter ride to Rochester. Luckily they'd loosened up the blockage on the way so they put a couple stents in. Will put a couple more in in a few weeks. Close call. I cleaned up the screenings at the neighbor's yesterday and helped him get his screener out where he could get at it with his tractor. Last time as this was his final year farming. Won't miss shoveling screenings. Lots easier to get a load of cracked corn delivered.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks fellers. My heart thing is the tachycardia. That is what we were just down to Mayo for the check ups for. Been on this med for 2 years and it has been great. Now boom last night. Been dealing with this for 10 years now. If it starts giving me more trouble they will probably up the meds more. Which isn't always a good thing. Almost 11:30 and no deers this morning.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much for deer in central Hubbard Co. Pretty quiet. Todays deer tip deals with panic in the stand. So it’s 3:00 and you stil have two hours to go when you just realized there’s nothing but empty candy bar wrappers in the pocket where they’re kept. Just relax, it’s only two more hours until you get back to camp where there’s more waiting for you. It’s going to be alright. Next time be sure to check your pockets to make sure you have enough with.
 Thank you.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Almost forgot about this event in history:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes they had that on the news this morning...   still sad deal

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just watched that video Dotch.  Brings tears.  Thank you.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27 here and heading for 35 it says. Just getting ready to head out into the woods and hope to see some deer. Certainly are not many around. Hunting is what is on the agenda. Have a good one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 here and they say 40 today..   I say 38..   yesterday fell short of the forecast so why not today too..  got what I wanted done yesterday so that is good!!  today more of the same...   have a good day all!!

today is Veterans Day, salute a vet!!!   I salute all veterans out there!!!    :USA: :USA:  :ustroops:
« Last Edit: November 11/11/23, 07:33:00 AM by mike89 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 29 here & shooting for 50 later. Got a couple things in mind for early & after that..................... :scratch: we'll see. Hope you have a great day, especially all the vets.  :ustroops:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  28 and cloudy this morning.  They are saying 38 for today but we will see.  Working in the shop on a sausage smoker again today.  Learning just how hard stainless can be to work with.  Have a good day all.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  This is the second time I am writing this.  On my laptop there is something in the lower left hand corner that I hit accidently and I lose everything I wrote.  Well it is  27 and headed to 39.  Not gonna do a lot today as of now.  Will watch SDSU play today.  We have family ties to the Brookings area.  They wailed on NDSU last weekend and that is always fun so see.  LOL  Then the main event is DB's Gophers at  2:30.  SO will be a Gunner type of day.  LOL  We almost had a fire yesterday but it is so wet and muddy here so we hung that idea up. So there is something lower left of my laptop that I accidently hit now and then and everything I wrote is gone.  This is attempt two to get this important info to you all.  I must try to not rest my hand over there.  I may weld the button solid when I figure out which it is.  Well have a great Sat. and Happy Vets day to all of you Vets.  I admire you very much. My Dad is 91 and was in Korea so for as long as I can remember I have called him on Vets Day.  I hope he has a story for me.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 :USA: :USA: I salute em also!! Mornin peoples 33 and maybe a flurrie coming thru. The kid is in his way over to help take down a 7' maple stump in the backyard.  We took the tree down with a boom truck about 8 yrs ago. Just not sure my 20" bar is long enough,  she's perty big around.  One thing tho standing that long she's perty soft, I ripped half way across in no time. Anywho hoping to get it down to the compost place today, best run....See ya!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw a big doe eating sunflower seeds out of the feeder just before sunrise. Went outside to take a pea and she just watched me. I think she was impressed.
Not sure why but I don't have any desire to shoot one anymore.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't go out this morning. Stayed in and cleaned up a bit. Fresh pair of underwear and I feel like a million bucks.
  Today's deer camp tip deals with dirty dishes. It's an unwritten rule that whoever cooks doesn't have to do dishes. This rule applies to ALL deer camps. This is also a win-win deal for you because not only do you get out doing dishes you get to eat first and that in turn means you get first pick of the good chow. Have a great day everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:

Thanks Vets. :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 31 with a little graupel at choretime, heading for a high in the upper 40's. Windy, again, with gusts up to 23 mph. Felt a little punky yesterday and it's continued today. Between that and the wind howling, think it'll be a more inside than outside today, especially since it's supposed to warm up tomorrow. Besides, Poppy needs her "people time". Read a great article this a.m. about the WWII veteran Auntie Mar Mar's been supplying our squash to. Still need to get him his ride in the Studebaker and shake his hand sometime. He was a Marine too mikey. Thank you to all the vets who've served to protect our freedom!  :happy1:

https://digital.albertleatribune.com/Albert-Lea-Tribune-11102023-e-Edition/9/
« Last Edit: November 11/11/23, 10:10:16 AM by Dotch »