Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332735 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just had phone se... eh never mind... mentioned to her about the dog DOTCH.   To think over

Take yer time. Forgot to post a picture earlier... :coffee:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Good gawd!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Morning boys. 14 here and heading for 21 today. Maybe a chance of snow too. I worked over my heater for the fish house again last night. Couldn't see anything wrong with it. I will run it back out to the fish house tonight and test it out. If it is still popping, I will try a new regulator. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 16 here and could see 20 today, then the drop starts...   a chance of snow too here...   doesn't sound like very much...   going to Alex and get a few things, mostly vittles...   have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 20 & foggy here, they're sayin we might make 25. Chance of some  :snow5: here again after 5, supposed to be < 1" though. Nothin big goin on, so I'll probably see how busy the Y is again this morning. Have a good day.
« Last Edit: January 01/10/24, 07:34:30 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Balmy 14 here at the moment but supposed to go to 22.  Then down from there for a few days.  Weekend just plain looks chilly.  Another busy day on the phone.  FEMA is activated for GA and FL.  Have a great day!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 17 here and the cold is on it's way.  Not excited about it.  But it is winter after all.  I had my first therapy yesterday and I was a hurtin unit afterwards.  I like the guy.  He seems to really know what he is doing.  Going in twice a week for about 6 weeks unless he doesn't think we are doing any improving.  He is thinking hip too.  Would just like to get it all taken care of.  Today I am just going to keep the wood burner fired up and pick up some dog doo. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 18 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Expecting some snow developing this afternoon, less than an inch expected. More expected Friday & then it cools down. Snow really dried out overnight so it'll blow if it gets windy as expected. Good luck on your therapy Barry. Was a year ago I was hauling the wife to Albert's Leaf for that. Hopefully the guy will whip you into shape like the folks there did for Mrs. Cheviot.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to see if I can get in for haircut today or tomorrow. Guess I have to go to Lakeville on Sunday for in-law Christmas. Sure would be nice if these events were on a calendar instead of being scheduled on a phone conversation the week before. Isn't going to do any good to complain about it because it's the other side of the fence and there isn't a damn I can do about it. There, better now. Better yet, haircut at 10:00 on Friday. Should get plow taken off today and truck ready to go to Sauk Center on Friday. Steering gearbox getting replaced on Monday first thing to the tune of about 2,500 bucks. Anyhow, have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1: 
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well made it back from town, damn truck was froze solid...  so I had the dash light light on the whole time...   got home and grabbed the rubber mallet...  not froze down now...  Markn I went by your place to see if ya needed some supervision but it appeared to me you had the yard work under control..   couldn't tell if ya had heat in the new shed...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

gas was $2.66
« Last Edit: January 01/10/24, 01:44:39 PM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers........the dawg and i made it home and pretty much unloaded  and things put away!!!! it got really foggy by branierd then snowed around royalton.

gas prices all over the board. 2.94 in deer rivet to 2.49 in crosby ironton and all over in between.  of course the 2.49 where i stopped didnt have no gas!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning All.  Looks like the snow here might be done for now.  We only ended up with a couple inches.  Bracing for the cold front behind it. Filled my diesel with #1 today just in case it does get as cold as they are predicting.   Plowing is on the list to do this morning and then I think it will be a shop day today.

Gas prices are scattered. Diesel prices are the same way.   I think on your drive that Cenex in Pine River is normally about the cheapest place in the state to get gas.  It normally is 30-40 cent/gallon cheaper than Bemidji. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 14 here and I think that it is supposed hang around there for the day. Some light snow coming down yet. Sounds like on and off snow throughout the day. I went and put the heater back in the fish house last night. Working good. Can't say I found anything wrong with it. Wonder if maybe the regulator is going bad. Guess I will change that if I have more trouble with it. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 16 here & we may make it ALL the way up to 19 later. We only had a skiff of snow after they were saying 1-2" overnight. :rolleyes: Nothin big goin on & with the forecast I'll try to get out for a bit early today. The Casey's down the street was $2.70 last I looked but they've been changing it 2-3 times a day here lately. :scratch: No more now, have a good 1. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 1 here and could see 7 above today..   not sure what I have going on today and I'm ok with that..   I know I have a couple things to do but nothing pressing...   that's ok too...    have a good day all...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  it is 14 here.  Got a couple of inches of that real fluffy snow.  A whiff of wind and it will blow south.  LOL  I have an early morning therapy appt. today.  8:15.  Haven't been out of my sweats that early for a long time.  I will be sore again today.  Should be fazing into better shape soon.  Can't get Bucko to tear into the other bale in the pasture so I did make a hole in it and dumped his ration of oats into it.  He spent the day yesterday munching on it.  It is nice green hay too.  Well after coffee I hit the shower and get ready to go.  Later.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. Woke up to 7°, maybe 14° for a high. Gotta run a few errands up in Mankato sometime this morning. Gotta go looking at snowblowers, too. The gearbox on the old one decided it had had enough. It is about 15 years old.
      You folks have an uneventful day.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not too sure what is going to happen today. I should go to town and drop off our gambling permit at City Hall for the April fling and squirt some gas in the F150 before it loses it's insurance on Monday. I'll still need it to plow driveway until I find a plow for the new truck. Then it's going to be up for sale.
   Mike, the garage is a balmy 54 degrees inside, the floor and pick-up are both dry and warm the next morning and my feet don't get cold anymore. Me likey. Have a great day all, later...... :happy1: :happy1:

mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Home from therapy and like I said we have over 4" of light fluffy snow.  Wind would have a field day with this.  I heard at the clinic that it is supposed to pick up this afternoon.  ??  I will plow what I can in 2wd then bring the truck in to the repair shop later on. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.......was 15 when i got up......way before you sleeping beauties!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: now its 6.

not sure what i'm gonna do yet........mayhaps a nap. didnt sleep well last night!!! :confused: should do a few things outside.......supposed to be warmer then..........we shall see!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
That sleep stuff is way over rated anyway.... :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 17 at choretime and it's fallen to 10 since then. Supposed to rebound to the upper teens tomorrow and bring 5" - 7" of snow with it. Rolling out to do sheep chores in the a.m. is bad enough. As my father in law used to tell his kids when they didn't want to get out of bed to milk cows, "Get yer assets up! You can sleep when yer dead!"  Just got back from a meeting up roony's way. I thought about claiming sanctuary at his place until this storm blows over. We could've watched Wren do the weather or something. Need to get on the stick here after prioritizing my options.  I may need to move a round bale around again soon so would rather not hook up to the snowblower until after that happens. I can always move snow with the bucket if I have to. It's just not as rewarding leaving snow piles behind. More fun to hear and see the dog terds flying thru the blower. Either way I will need to put the chains on the tractor. A PITA but a necessary evil in winter living on a hill with no front-wheel assist.  :pouty:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess I bought that bottle of gin for nuttin'.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That sheep stuff is way over rated anyway.... :rotflmao:
Sheep Stuff????? :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you never really know about the "sheep people ". :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
  Sleep is what Scenic typed....lol

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I heard Glenn wears his pantlegs inside of his cowboy boots and has velcro gloves.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard Glenn wears his pantlegs inside of his cowboy boots and has velcro gloves.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut:well if you heard that from someone where its total  :bs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: