Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332654 times)

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I heard Glenn wears his pantlegs inside of his cowboy boots and has velcro gloves.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut:well if you heard that from someone where its total  :bs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I am sworn to secrecy !! however, it explains a lot, you aint the reason the sheep are passing turds the size of coke cans!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard Glenn wears his pantlegs inside of his cowboy boots and has velcro gloves.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
No wonder the water was so murky up der.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!! -4 here to start and heading for 10 today. I would say we got 4" or so of the light fluffy stuff here too. The wind is supposed to blow today and tomorrow, so that should make for some fun with this fluffy snow. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Snow is a bit crunchy this morning.  -11 here and also heading for 10.  Then it sounds like it's going to be cold tonight.  A couple errands to run this morning and then its a shop day. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 14 to start here & we may make it to 17. Some snow too but only about an inch or so on the ground now. The wind has started though so I'm sure it's not nice out in the country. Not much movement on the highway a block over yet either. Probably a good day to stick close to home, we shall see. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  -6 and could see 8 today they say..  saying we could get some snow too..   we will just wait and see what comes about..   have a good day all!!!   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Man. We had -19 on the way into work this morning.  :cold: Dead calm here so far.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The java hits the spot this morning.  It is -9 here right now.  Dark as heck.  Will be nice to see that change.  Looking like winds from the north of about 10 it looks like.  I will keep the fire going and give Bucko an extra shot of oats this morning.  I got a survey from BCBS asking about my fall so will fill that out today. Other than that keeping warm is the game plan.  We got out refill of propane yesterday so that is good. $1.59 since it is our contract price. TGIF

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. Due to the weather, it looks like the primary activity today will be drinking coffee and watching the world go by. Good time to be retired.
      Everyone, stay warm and safe.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......never looked at the temp........the patio door was kinds froze shut when i let shadow out. got absolutely nuttin on the agenda today!!!!!!!! :happy1:not even a dotch nap!!! :rotflmao: :shocked: reckon i'll take my daily stroll outdide after i'm done makin sure you guys are behaving  :happy1: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: have my bowl of blueberries and finish my ration of coffee. dawg needs food and clean up dog bombs before the snow flies.

yesterday i set up my nipco heater in the garage, my truck battery i think is on its last leg.......so i expect to have to get a new one when it wont turn over!!!! :bonk:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 7 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-teens. Only about a half inch of snow as of 8 a.m. Melted the stuff out in town and it came to .06". Looks like the heaviest part of the storm is staying to our south. Only talking only another 1" - 3" here. The worst thing will be the wind on the backside of this system. Got the chains on the tractor yesterday along with a bunch of other things ahead of the storm. The chains were a bitch to get on so that burned more time than anticipated. As a result, didn't put the blower on. Had a hunch I might not need to. There was still more hay in the feeders than I cared to mess with using the pitchfork to move it around. Toss some extra bedding in the barns tonite and call it good. Think I'll run to Owatonna before lunch then spend some quality time with Poppy. Gin transport just left so we should make it.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got my haircut this morning AND cut my beard cut off. Feeling naked, and cold. Got new truck home yesterday afternoon and in garage. 30 minutes later the new running boards showed up on a UPS truck. So that's today's project right after we drop off the other truck in Sauk. Our kids fishing gig for this weekend got postponed due to weather. Decided we didn't want any kids with frostbite, and us too. Stay warm all, later.... :happy1: :happy1: 
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Got my haircut this morning AND cut my beard cut off. Feeling naked, and cold...

This?   :confused: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good feeling to have those chains on.  I don't have to do that anymore.  Congrats on the new truck Mark.  Fun!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good feeling to have those chains on.  I don't have to do that anymore.  Congrats on the new truck Mark.  Fun!

what did you find out on your truck LPS??

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Waiting for the repair guy to call for me to pick it up.  Pretty sure it is a U joint in front axle.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Missing the beard here as well. Looking at the El Nino earlier, was hoping we'd get by w/o a real cold snap so keep shaving every few days. Gets too warm when temps get into the 50's like they were. Hope yer truck truck is a reasonable $ fix Barry. In the meantime, more Zeppelin milestones. On this date in 1969, 55 years ago, Led Zeppelin released their first album. The world has never been the same ever since... :coffee:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 13 and it's been snowing fine as sand fer a few hours,  not amounting to much yet but that friggin wind not fun. Got home from bustinazzville around 1:30 and threw down a well deserved Afternoon snooze, I should make 9 with ease Tonight! I called it, just mentioned to momma last night with the cold snap coming the whipper snapper will show up with a low tire pressure sensor lit, sure enough gotta text mid morning with a light on her dash..lol.  I'd like to check her battery anyway so I'll head over tomorrow.  After today really looking forward to a rip roarer in the fireplace tonight, I guess 20/20 has a piece on the Drew Shodien ( spelling could be way off) murder, might hafta check it out. Anywho meatloaf got the nod tonight...See ya!!!
« Last Edit: January 01/12/24, 04:29:06 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
watching that 20/20 thing about Dru Sjoden.....interesting .  :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -3 here and that is about the high for today...   -15 tonight they say..  not sure what I have going on today overall..   I know I have a few small things to do..  I'll just go with that!!   have a good day all!! 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. At 6:00 this morning it was 0°. Still windy. Guess I should find some indoor projects to tinker with today.
      Back in my old HVAC days, I would have been on the roof all day on a day like this. I really don't miss that a whole lot. Well, maybe a little.
      Stay warm and safe, everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -8 here last I looked. Already been out and stuffed the wood stove. We are burning some wood now. The wind died down overnight. Switching from NE to NW now. I should eventually make it out fishing later today. Need to load woodshed first though. May work in the garage some today too and fish Sunday and Monday. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 2 here & headed for 4. We're no longer under the Blizzard Warning but now it's a WW Advisory until 6 pm. Then there's WC Advisory 'til noon Sunday. Probably grab the shovel & check the front walk out here in a bit. No more now, have a good day & stay warm.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
-6 here this morning. Won't go above 0 the till Tuesday. Got an inch or 2 of snow again. Another inch or 2 today.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 3 at choretime on the not so reliable ranch thermometer, heading downwards from there or so they tell us. Looks like it's still snowing a little so will have to see where it winds up for snow total. So far prolly about 4.5" at the ranch. Chores were a battle because of the hay being down in the feeders. Requires pitchfork action to redistribute it so I stay warm except my face. Really missing the underbrush from my throat to my chin. Where was their GD global warming this a.m.? :angry: One drift in the driveway needs attention before we can venture forth. Filled the birdfeeders & put some ear corn out yesterday upon my return from FF so don't have to mess with that. Give Poppy a squirrel to watch and she's content the whole day. Time for oatmeal & some coffee. I'm starved. Going to make lamb & wild rice soup later so gotta build my stamina up in case the Mrs. decides to pounce. Might need to take a nap first... :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......was 1 on the wrong side of 0 when i looked. yea they really backed off on the WC advisory.....originally said till tuesday...now sunday at noon.

going up to the granddaughters for supper tonight......so i can see my great grandson before he graduates from high school!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

took out beef soup bones.......gonna make m a big ole pot of beef vegetable soup tomorrow! good day for it.  :happy1: