Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332893 times)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I had trigger finger a couple years ago. A cortisone shot didn’t work. Like Del said I eventually had to have surgery, and they did snip something in my hand. It worked.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 4 here and heading for 24 today. I don't believe we are supposed to get any snow up here today. Sunday and Monday may be different though. Time will tell I guess. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 16  here and could see 32 today..  still saying snow tonight..  bring it on...   I think things went good with my ultra sound yesterday.  sure hope so anyway!!   had lunch at a place called Mongolian grill, good food!!  1st time there...   off to Alex this morning and get a few things..   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 6 here now we should end up ~ 30. We never did get the big winds predicted yday, so we've got a little ice left in the bay yet. Had some fishin going on out front yday pm but they had brown & white feathers. :cool: A couple things in mind to start my day & I'll go from there. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 3 here at the moment.  Should see 30.  Not windy right now.  The river is froze solid.  Ice out is a real fun thing for us to watch.  This year we get to see it twice.  Went to the Vidas landing yesterday just to see what was up.  Here a 16' boat with a 60 Yamaha had broken ice to get into the middle of the river.  Another guy was watching too so we were talking and watching them.  Cold and windy as heck.  They looked frozen in with all of the ice.  They were hoping it would flow downriver.  I told them later that it is here to stay cuz it is not open downriver.  They had to break ice to get back to shore too.  Good guys.  I asked how old are your guys?  He said 31.  I laughed and said I used to that kind of stuff when I was 31.  I think they were going to check Frontier and Birchdale on their way home.  I saw on the news last night that the second wave of snow could stall.  SO now intead of an inch or so we could get 12" if it stalls big time.  I hope they are wrong.  I would rather have and inch of rain in a few weeks.  Can I trade one for the other?  My finger is better today but not back to normal yet.  He said it could take a few days.  We shall see.   Well you all have a good one and stay safe. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Off to appt. with bone cracker this morning after that drop off our taxes to get done. Should make sure the 1/2 ton fires up so we can plow snow if needed. Hasn't ran in 4-5 weeks. Kinda happy I haven't sold it yet. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 21 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Been doctoring a ewe that is down and struggling. Dosed her with a couple kinds of antibiotics and the last one seems to have helped. Also got her to drink some warm water this a.m. so guarded optimism she'll pull thru. Sure slows stuff down at choretime tho. :sad: I see Delbert & Reb must've gone for a hot air balloon ride in Cawchester yesterday. When they hit the powerline, the sparks kinda reminded me of one of those electric mosquito racquets we use up at the cabin. Unbelievable no one was injured or killed. Weather is on everyone's mind today seems like. Liking the trend the forecast is taking here so far with a greater likelihood of rain rather than snow.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/watch-hot-air-balloon-collides-with-power-line-crashes-in-rochester?utm_source=Bring+Me+The+Newsletter&utm_campaign=591a03cc73-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2024_03_20_09_44&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-591a03cc73-%5BLIST_EMAIL_ID%5D
« Last Edit: March 03/21/24, 09:45:56 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy crap. That would have been a serious pucker factor.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
watched that on the news this morning, yikes!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya isn't that unreal.  Must have burned the lines right off the balloon.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Reb always gets all the exciting balloon rides!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yikes!  The jets must have been stuck shut, or the landing vent/valve stuck open - cause there was no sign of that balloon trying to regain altitude as it blew towards the lines.  Yes a miracle everyone survived.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard that big gust of wind might've had a lot to do with it too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers......got another full 7 hours in. and already got my outside stuff done before snowmaggedden.  :happy1: :happy1: main project was getting the leaves mulched up in the garden with the lawnmower!!! :happy1:

not sure iffin i'm going to have time fer a nap!!!!!!! :confused: :bonk:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah no balloon rides fir this guy!! Afternoon peoples 31 and still kinda raw outside, one more day at bustinazzville and I'll definitely welcome the weekend,  although they're twisting my arm to work a smidge on Saturday,  we'll see. Update on Maisy,  she's doing real good still real fiesty with Remi but hasn't had an accident in her kennel in a week.  It helps momma keeps her up late and I let her out just before 0200 before work. She's a little over 11 weeks old, knows her name, sits and I'm working on shaking at the same time( it's funny every  command I giver her Remi does..lol). Fetching,  she does good but I'll wait another week and designate a Fetching ball one she hasn't chewed on and start in the hallway. Anywho gotta go...See ya!!
« Last Edit: March 03/21/24, 06:52:24 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 26 here and heading for 23 today. TGIF!!! No snow for us up here yet. Still not sure yet what they are predicting for Sunday here yet. I missed the weather last night.  So I will look sometime today. Otherwise one more day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  No snow here either.  Now saying Sunday we could get some.  Windy and Chilly.  Be a good shop day.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

They are using everything from the rooter to the tooter
 when they process hogs these days. Here we see the tooter.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 21 here and could see 31 today,,  sure we got 3 inches of snow...  so I'll have to clean some of the side walk..   the rest can wait till I see what we get Sunday in to Tuesday..  still saying 12 inches or more...  winter is late to the party!!!   have a good day all!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Roony, here in One Minnesota, we elect those same horse body parts to the governor's office!  :coffee:

Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Thought mebbe an inch or so of snow when finishing paperwork in the ovel office. Was sleeting last nite around 9:30 p.m. Official measurement was .06" of liquid equivalent in Bugtussle with .6" of snow. Still waiting for the snow to melt out at the ranch. Snow depth was the same. Got more tax stuff done so will haul that Waseca sometime later today. Then need to brace for Snowmageddon. Could get ugly altho the gin & tincture supply appear adequate.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/22/24, 10:04:43 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 17 now & headed for 30, I guess. No snow here either, the 24/7 radar showed it stayin just south of Hwy 2 late yday. The to do list is pretty short again today & that's OK. Got some indoor putzin I can do though. No more now, have agreat day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 12 and should see 28 today.  It is sunny and clear out now.  All of our water puddles went away last week.  Mostly brown here except for a little white in the woods.  Not much there neither.  Now they seem to keep veering the snow south of us.  We may get some Sun or Mon.  I need to head all of the way to town to fetch some vittles today.  Will do recycling at the same time.  The boys love when we do errands.  We will take the ol Ford today.  Low stress.  LOL   Well you all have a good Friday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Welll it’s white here on the ground. Judging by the tracks in the front yard Santa Claus made an appearance last night along with at least of five of his reindeer. After coffee and breakfast it’s in the 1/2 ton to plow snow, later…… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......that's 8 inches on the deck........out front dont look that deep???? :scratch: guess i'll find out later. judging by what the city left the snow could be wet and heavy. clean off the deck, sidewalk and knock down the burm the city eft.......then the truck tires are doing the rest.

nuttin else planned fer the day..  making chili tonight!!!!!!!  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a lot of snow for day #1.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So happy for you glenn!  :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So happy for you glenn!  :happy1: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: making chili?? :scratch: :rotflmao: deck and sidewalk cleaned off. Truck will do the rest.  :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
That balloon incident happened like a mile down the road from me.   And I missed the whole thing until I saw it on TV

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 8 this morning and should see 30 today...  the snow sure melted down yesterday...  got a few things to do today and then who knows!!   have a good day all!!