Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489237 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
now now boys...........................play nice!!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
The game didn't turn out well but the German Gumbo did as usual.  hard to screw it up anyway.  Put in loin pork chops this time instead of ribs [they were on sale].  Made my German kraut, put in some of my Canadian bacon, potatoes, and my homemade polish also.  Also beef broth that is the key here.  All the flavors go in that broth.  Full recipe on my site in the Recipe page.  Made enough for two days.  Not good at small meals.  good luck.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Hey RH....you said "beef broth"...you use that instead of stock? I imagine stock would be too "heavy" in flavor?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
RH that looks absolutely awesome.  I am almost drooling just seeing it. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
If you make your own beef broth that would be great also.  I use a Korean dry beef powder for beef broth.  it has some spices in it instead of being mostly salt.  Good quality beef broth would be great.  I don't add any salt. not needed.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothin' special.....just some belly filling stuffing, corn, and a chicky quarter, washed down with some fig bars and two glasses of milk.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
it's Reb's Hellfire Chili for tomorrow...REAL chili. Got the peppers..the jalepeno's...the round steak.. the smoked chipotle sauce...the chocolate sauce...But....had one heck of a time finding pintos!!!! Bush's "Chili hot beans" USED to be pintos...now they're red beans. NOT. Finally found 4 cans at a store, bought all four. I went to THREE different stores...WTH is up with that??!! I'll stop here, before others start saying what kind of beans should be used in chili.  Real chili-heads already know.  ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Geez youse guys, old Dotch over here has about exhausted his leftover supply. Just devoured the last piece of squash & butterfly chop last nite. Either have to fire up the grill one more time before the huuuuuuge snowstorm hits or better yet, just head over to RH's or Reb's. All of it looks just mahvelous.  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bring plenty of tincture and apple crisp. We might get snowed in.  :whistling:   ;D

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
it's Reb's Hellfire Chili for tomorrow...REAL chili. Got the peppers..the jalepeno's...the round steak.. the smoked chipotle sauce...the chocolate sauce...But....had one heck of a time finding pintos!!!! Bush's "Chili hot beans" USED to be pintos...now they're red beans. NOT. Finally found 4 cans at a store, bought all four. I went to THREE different stores...WTH is up with that??!! I'll stop here, before others start saying what kind of beans should be used in chili.  Real chili-heads already know.  ;)

Look in the Hispanic section at Walmart. Or cook them from dry...  (Real chili doesn't have beans..) but that is another story. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
arent green beans in rebs hellfire chili!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can tell ya where they're GONNA be, ya mushroom hugger!!! Just bend over and take a peek!   :moon:     ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I can tell ya where they're GONNA be, ya mushroom hugger!!! Just bend over and take a peek!   :moon:     ;)
man this potential winter storms got your undies in a bunch reb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't wear any!!!!  :dancinred:
supposin not...........neighor lady like it that way!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rocker; :rocker;

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK back on topic!!!!!!!!!!! damn Reb and Del!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: surprised boar isnt at it too!!!!!

seriously i like to make a total disaster of the kitchen on these weather events, but not sure what i should brew up??????? boiling up some spuds to make hash browns is one project?? could find a chicken or soup bones to make up some soup. oh and there will be some refreshments involved!!!! :toast: :tequila; :drinking: :whistling:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
THAT's what happens to blabby mushroom huggers.  ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Beef BBQ's with green peppers on corn-dusted Kaiser rolls, bourbon beans, and chips for tonite.  Easy stuff.  :chef:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
THAT's what happens to blabby mushroom huggers.  ;)
now your pushing da button fer a smite there bubba louey!!!!!!!!! :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothin' special.....just some belly filling stuffing, corn, and a chicky quarter, washed down with some fig bars and two glasses of milk.
        What ya mean nothing special, chicken, stuffing and 12 hour corn....awsome. then hell fire chilli to boot..Nice!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks boober! That was nuthin' special. Awful easy to make. The chili tomorrow is the labor-intensive-get-it-perfect stuff.  :chef: Been doing this recipe since '91.
I've been looking for yer mass grill-outs...you and Remi  must be mighty busy!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 11/17/16, 03:58:37 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have 2-3 lbs of ground pork thawing along with some tomatoes we froze out of the garden last year.  I am going to make a soup out if it I think.  I will add lots of other vegetables and spices and see what it turns into.  I agree Glen.  Winter type of storms makes a guy want to do some kitchen time.  Man it is getting colder here in the last hour. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Chilli making sure is fun. The Mrs tried some potato ham lasagna last weekend and has been hankering to make it herself (she claims it's awsome).  Not sure of this one but I'm game on trying anything. Looks like remi wants a plate!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Poor Remi!!!  Potato ham lasagna???!?!?!?    :scratch:  Tell us more!!!!!!!!!!!  Share!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully the penmanship of my bride is ledge able, way better than mine!!!