Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4979185 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........2 consecutive days with an above 0 reading temp wise!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: before ya know it we'll be swattin skeeters!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

not much on the agenda for today right now other then tucker the 2 hounddogs out again!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 14* @ 1st peek & I'm hearin upper 20's for the high again. Although I did see 30-31*, which was warmer than forecasted, here early yday afternoon. We did get some more snow off the roof & blown out into the yard yday. Would've liked to have done some more but we had to thaw the roof rake out before we could put the last extension in, so that was a good enough excuse to quit. :rolleyes: The usual Sunday paper run sometime in ~ the next hour & then see what jumps out at us. :scratch: No more now, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Been helping that farmer friend haul bales but got today off.  The wife actually did some roof raking yesterday.  Right on.  We will do some more today.  Will also get the plow part put on today so it is ready for tomorrow.  Supposed to get 1-3" the last that I saw.  Java is hitting the spot so not in a big hurry to do anything.  The weekends are different without football.  Yesterday when I got to the farm they said as I drove out the driveway a cat fell out of my engine compartment.  It died in the driveway.  They said 2 ravens and 2 magpies were fighting over it.  An eagle landed near it and the ravens took off.  The magpies kept pecking at it.  Then the eagle walked over picked it up and flew away.  They said they have way too many cats anyway.  Glad it wasn't their pet cat. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Been helping that farmer friend haul bales but got today off.  The wife actually did some roof raking yesterday.  Right on.  We will do some more today.  Will also get the plow part put on today so it is ready for tomorrow.  Supposed to get 1-3" the last that I saw.  Java is hitting the spot so not in a big hurry to do anything.  The weekends are different without football.  Yesterday when I got to the farm they said as I drove out the driveway a cat fell out of my engine compartment.  It died in the driveway.  They said 2 ravens and 2 magpies were fighting over it.  An eagle landed near it and the ravens took off.  The magpies kept pecking at it.  Then the eagle walked over picked it up and flew away.  They said they have way too many cats anyway.  Glad it wasn't their pet cat.
didnt you hear it make noise???? musta had the radio to loud!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

odd you say that, mom was telling me she came to cold spring to get her oil changed, close to the oil change place she heard all kinds of noise you shouldnt hear in your vehicle. turns out a mouse somehow got in her heater fan and trashed it.  so instead of 50 bucks for an oil change it was close to 300 bucks. :doah: 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate mice.  No I had no idea the cat was there until they told me the next day.  Didn't hear a thing.  I remember when we were kids we took in any pet someone wanted to give away.  Some wild ones too.  Rarely ended well.  Someone gave us a cat and we were heading to Grandmas house one morning so all of us kids were in the car and Dad started it up and a cat started screaming so he shut it off.  That cat tore out of there and we never saw it again.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:   I am sure my Dad was happy as heck about it.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
We usef.to.find.squiahed cata in cattle.pens when.cleaned.out the crapty straw bedding
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i rarely have mice here at home, even with my firewood stacked under my deck. but up at the cabin its all out war!!!! i usually started with the basic traps about Aug! one of  the first things i did when i got there was set traps.by the end of sept i'd get 3-4 a day. some buildings where worse then others.

my brother kinda took over rodent control.  between him and mom they bought a bunch of these bait stations, some single ones a bunch of the bigger ones where you can put 4 of these greenish square baits in it on pegs. every spring and fall he refills them and we usually go through one of  them pails of baits a year. i still set traps in fall just for good measure.

we get mice, these deer mice and some moles!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning gang! 12 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Got all the stuff done on the putz list so put the chains on the tractor and cleaned the yard out. I gotta stop this overachieving. These wimmens get wise to it and think it's just standard operating procedure. Today, refilled all the birdfeeders after chores. Need to tag, vax & dock lambs so we can move more out of the lambing barn to the loafing (glenn) area. Time now to relax a few minutes then have some breakfast & coffee. Hopefully a nap will break out. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,beauty one at that,25 degrees,roads are dry for safe travels,above ground ,life is good,in my my little world.

good day to all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 12 to start the day with here and hope to see 35..   sure was a nice day yesterday..   even got most of the ice off my sidewalk too..    it had been tooooo long!!  not sure what I have going on today but I do have a few things to do..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 14 here to start the day with a little snow coming down. Supposed to get up to 23 today. Yesterday certainly was a nice day. Mid 20s and hardly any wind for a change. Was nice out on the lake. We caught a few fish, but it was slow. We came in with a nice meal of fish and I was able to catch a 23" walter too. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, I seen 20* ~ 6 out in the garage & 30* is 'sposed to be the high. :scratch: They've missed that the last couple days, I've seen 30-31* both days, so I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the forecast again today. :happy1: :cool: The way the radar looked I thought we'd have some light snow overnight too, but nothin so far. So nice yday that I spent a little time cleaning up some more of our snow again. I'm thinkin the roof rake will see some more action today too. 'Bout it here, have a good day!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. After the January & February everyone went thru, we deserve some of this. Sounds like we'll be getting some winter-ish with an emphasis on the "ish" weather later in the week but for now, gotta savor it. Yesterday, processed 6 pens of ewes with lambs. Moved more snow with the skidsteer in the tight spots then shoveled off the patio. Moved 4 of the pens of ewes & lambs in the afternoon but Mrs. Cheviot got taken out by a ewe trying to go thru the gate before she did. We're not getting any younger. Maybe she'll get the hint it's time to cut back on our numbers. Probably not but one can always dream.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.......... dogs are driving me nutzo!!!!!! :crazy: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

gonna run more ambition out of them.  to nice to stay inside for sure.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,nice out the door temp wise ,35 degrees cloudy, with precip working our way,yesterday's 40's sure knocked the snow pack down at my place,lot's of brown showning where I plowed since our last snow event,ole duce my trusty golden retriever has his playground back.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23 this morning and might see 30 today..   they are still talking a snow event Saturday and into the night..  so much for the lamb..   got a few small things to do today so I'll just plug along with them...   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/01/22, 07:02:41 AM by mike89 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 3 above here heading for a high of 20 today. Cut up some firewood and loaded the wood shed last night. It was a nice calm evening and like 15*. Made it nice outside. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 19* here early & I'm seein 29* for the high, we made 35* yday. So nice yday that we did some snow removal on the roof in the AM & PM. So, we should be done, at least with this building anyway. We may do a little on the boat shed, if we get ambitious. :rolleyes: Still have some putzin with the  :snow5: I'd like to do, so I'll start there. Hopin your Fat Tuesday's a good 1.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Scraped off the driveway yesterday while it was warm. Showing some blacktop. Going to town for the city deer hunt meeting this afternoon, it was postponed last week. Trip to Grand Rapids went well, did't win anything, had a good visit with deadeye. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........yeppers.....was a really nice day yesterday!!!!!!!!! then again anyday  above 20 is nice!!!!! not sure whats on the agenda but i'll figure it out.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....68 here in Ft. Meyers. High of 81. Grandkids are loving it. Headed to the ocean for swimming.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have lots of fun!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
+1 on the fun!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.....68 here in Ft. Meyers. High of 81. Grandkids are loving it. Headed to the ocean for swimming.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:scratch: :scratch: why isnt grandpa going for a swim????? :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's after topping out here about 44 yesterday with as high as 48 seen in Albert's Leaf. Sure made the snow melt rapidly and glad I spent some time cleaning the yard out Saturday. Nice not to deal with ice & mud any longer than we have to. More newbies overnite, another set of twins. We're officially 75% done lambing. Moved another ewe with lambs this a.m. that was a PITA about jumping over panels into other pens. Will move another pen tonite. Sure makes chores so much easier when we're not climbing panels and hauling buckets of warm water from the house. There's less waste too as we can feed hay in feeders designed to keep it to a minimum. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man oh man Dotch, you got the world by the kahoona's. You have so much daily fun, and pioneer knives..

It don't get better than that does it.  :sleazy: :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Went shopping today. Going fishing tomorrow.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Went shopping today. Going fishing tomorrow.
good luck fishing tomorrow. :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Fellers, I don't ask for much but could use a little prayer for my best 4-legged friend Ruby. She bled a lot in her recent heat cycle and once she was done, about mid-February she started to bleed again off and on, with her water consumption increasing. Called the vet this afternoon & they want a look at her ASAP in the a.m. for possible surgery. Endometrial something or other and it could be serious. Couldn't tell by the way she was acting tonite. Ruby was just as goofy and active as usual, tearing around, doing chores, tailing a ewe while we moved the lambs, playing ball & a couple other silly games we play. Hoping we're on top of it soon enough. She'll be 12 in a month and she's had a good life but would sure enjoy having her around a while longer. Thanks guys. Ruby & I appreciate it.  :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck and prayers sent. That's all I can do.