Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5454583 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had quite a thunder storm here earlier.  Only 1/4" appx of rain though.  Will have to let it dry up before I start any outside projects.  My stuff to put steel on the south side of the barn is here except for two windows so may take a drive to the Falls and pick it up this afternoon. I have some guys lined up to put it on for me. I have enough projects to do.  That sounds like quite a mess DE.  Good that it is all figured out.  You all have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what I'll do today. Might make a dump run. Well it's my wife's 43th wedding anniversary today. I did wish her a Happy Anniversary as she left to go to work. Other than that have a great day everyone. later....... :happy1: :happy1:

Happy (belated) Birthday Barry.
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She is one lucky gal.   :wowza:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-80's. Some rumbles overnite but not much rain. .01" at the ranch & .03" in Bugtussle. Questioned whether it had rained or not but when I got on the road, could see water in the rumble strips & on the T down the road from us. Need to get a few things done bookwork-wise then get on with the countdown for a trip north of the border. Always a few too many things I'd like to get done first but at some point you just have to say enough for now. Happy Anniversary markn! Glad you got internet service again deadeye. As far as the northern lights, that's the story of my life. When my ship comes in, I'll probably be at the airport.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy anniversary To you and your wife Markn!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Anniversary Mark and wife!!!   I guess we had thunder and lightning in the area about 4am, didn't hear a thing and no rain...   and same story here on the northern lights Dotch...   

got my errands done and survived the trip!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/19/23, 11:33:59 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If it rained I didn't notice it. Happy anniversary markn and have a great trip Dotch.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Went to Jersey Boys last night. Loved it!! I was a teenager when those songs were popular. Excellent production at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater. Place was full. A lot of seniors there. :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Went down to check the boat around noon and couldn't believe how low the river is.  South wind didn't help.  On the way to the Falls the Big Fork and Little Fork didn't even look boatable they were so low.  The Black River looked almost dried up.  Could walk across all three with knee boots on.  Must be from no rain south of us in the huge watershed and also the watershed in Canada must be parched too.  Surprised me. I thought there had been enough rain for it to me normal.  Guess not.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Anniversary Mark and Mrs Mark!! I'm surprised also lps, the way you northern boys have been getting rain,  the cabin dock in western MN is sitting close to 2.5 feet off the surface when put in it was tickling the water in may. Have a safe trip Dotch and catch some fish! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya LPS, the lake is down a good foot from a couple weeks ago. It is amazing how fast it can go down.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and heading for 77 it says. Heard it raining around 2 this am, but didn't register in the gauge. Not much else here, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Jerkbiat, you must be my neighbor. Same weather here.
Nothing special going on today. Just another day in paradise. May hit the Blue Earth County Fair later. It's senior day.
Have a safe one, folks.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here going for 79 today..   managed to ge a few things done yesterday and have a few things to do today..   going to smoke some ribs this weekend...  sure looks gray this morning, maybe some haze not sure...   have a good day all!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a half a pick up load to the dump yesterday. Good start, may start loading up a trailer of "stuff" off the back wall of garage so I can get that finished off with sheeting and insulation. Headed to campground later today for the weekend, thanks everyone for the well wishes yesterday. I'm a lucky guy, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 61 with a light mist now & we're on our way to 76, later. Heading back to Iowa tomorrow so that's project #1 today. Might mow a little too, if it dries a little. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn run ya out???   safe travels Gunner!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That's what I thought JB.  It was normal and now way low and like you said it went fast. Need to get some mowing done but way to wet for that yet.  The wife and Grandson want to go fishing this afternoon so that takes care of half of the day.  Java tastes good this morning.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn run ya out???   safe travels Gunner!!!
Nah, he's not THAT scary.  ;)  :rolleyes:  :laugh:  Some appts on Tuesday, don't plan on stayin long.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! Was about 60 at home when I left & is 75 in Big Falls. The river is down considerably vs. some visits. Bill needed a nap so I grabbed a couple action photos. Pulling the boat back up so don't need any accidents. May wind up driving to the Falls if he doesn't wake up. We shall see. Toodles!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers..........back home!!!!!!! ended up with an inch of rain at the cabin and 3/4 here at home. lawn wasnt near as long at the cabin as i thought it be. got caught up there also!!! never fished.

yea Gunner......your brother said you were out fishing........personally i think you never made it home from Inger the night before!!!!! :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well back to the grind here at home!!!!!!!!! had to clean up branches......wife said had some serious wind!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 and heading for 80ish I believe. Heading down to my brother's place north of Deer River after work. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and heading towards 80 today..   not looking forward to the 10 day forecast..   ugh...   got a few things to do today but all easy stuff, the way I like it..   have a good day all!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  TGIF  LOL  Even us retired guys get pleasure out of the last work day of the week.  It looks like our 80's are back for awhile.  The Grandson and I are going to hook up the Kunz mower and mow in the pasture.  He has been looking forward to it and it's his last day here.  He talks about it in terms of sleeps.  One more sleep here and then home tomorrow.  Went fishing for a couple of hours yesterday and noone even got a bit.  Will try it again this afternoon.  May go out to eat at the bowling alley here for supper.  New owners and supposed to be good food.  Sounds fun.  We are due for a meal out.  Have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........got caught up in the garden last nite.........on to other fun stuff.

yea i kinda heard about the heat coming next week. guess it will be kinda like them 20-30 below days in winter.......just hunker down inside.

shadow has been doing alot of scratching and his skin was really pinkish color for a while, so he goes to see the doggy doc this morning. his skin color does look a bit better now. when we made the appt they thought it could be allergies. hope its not like my brother's dog. she has food allergies, his food runs $140.00 for a 20 lb bag!!!!!! :doah: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 58 in Flanders Ont. heading for a high in the mid to upper 70's. Arrived at camp around 10 last nite. Got everything unpacked, decided we were really tired so stayed up for 3 rounds of G&T's & a game of cribbage. :scratch: A little worried about Bill. His memory seems to struggle at times. Think he's stressed about lots of things so that ain't helping. Will need to keep an eye on him. Glad I drove yesterday from Big Falls to I Falls or it could've been tragic. Better head back into the cabin & get some coffee brewing. ☕️

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope you have a great time with your buddies Dotch.  I am thawing sausage to have scrambled eggs.  Glenn I switched to Purina puppy chow for the pup.  He is doing much better now.  Putting on weight and his coat looks better.  He is sure growing.  Has put on almost 7 lbs now.  I knew you switched to that with Shadow when he was a pup.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking like a pool day today. Think I'll go home tonight so I can get a shower in the morning before heading to Brainerd at 5:45 am. About it for me today, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm