Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5439106 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got it for $2.64 south of Dows on the way down. Ankeny was still $2.49 when we went by there. Not sure what it is here as there isn't many gas stations in this part of town.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear gunner!! Think the fuel signs are stuck here. The freeway holiday has been at 2.99 for quite a spell, I'm feeling violated again...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 35 here and heading for 38 today. Some more rain heading this way later on. We got .04"  last night. Some colder temps moving in tomorrow. Some single digit lows later next week. That will be good. Hopefully we gain a little ice back. It will be interesting to see how thick the ice is tomorrow after work. At least so far it has only been 1 night above freezing so far  otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I'll stop by Tools and More and grab a couple of fenders for the tandem trailer today and start on that project seeing how its raining. there are rusted bad. Should have tossed it in the garage yesterday. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 51 here already & they're headed for 62. It looks like the entire state is under a Glenn/Wind Advisory ;) :smiley: too, sustained winds of 20-25 with gusts to 45. Hopin for a shorter day here today & would like to be back in Mason City in time for lunch. Have a good day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 39 here with some rain and supposed to get to 45...   store has bb ribs for $1.99 so I better grab a couple..  and check out the rest of the meat sale!!   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  37 here and may hit 43.  The deck is soaked but in my crude rain gauge I don't see much for amounts.  I am sitting in my recliner with my new pad that vibrates and has heat.  Feels great!  So glad we got it.  I had ordered one of those Shiata things with the rolling balls but it was way too aggressive for me so we sent it back.  When I get stiff and sore this new pad feels great.  Still riding my bike and really like it too.  I see the Dr. today to see what the next step is for me.  Keep your fingers crossed. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Gpod Luck Barry! Yeah, the warden doesn't like them rolling balls either.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  42 and April showers here with a light rain most of the night.  Supposed to rain most of the day but temps diving into the teens behind this system.  Might make better ice in Feb than in Jan this year.   Shop day today.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. 42° as I look out over my sprawling estate. No big snow drifts in the driveway. Sure glad I have a new snowblower. I will not go shopping for a new umbrella.
      Stay safe, everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good one!   :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. .03" of rain at the ranch & in Bugtussle proper. Two more sets of twins born last nite around choretime. Have had 5 ewes come in, all with twins & last I checked it's a 50:50 mix of boys & girls. Odd for that to happen. Usually skewed one way or the other & goes in streaks. We bedded the lambing barn last nite hoping the ewes would go inside if it rained & that's exactly what they did. They were nice and dry this a.m. Hopefully they do the same thing this afternoon if it rains again. Otherwise likely a pretty mundane day ahead. Gotta have my coffee and get caught up on what everyone's doing here.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made it back from Alex, seen another fish house taking a swim..   motion lotion was from $2.79 to $2,85 today..  and I did get some ribs!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers.......put in a full 8 hours...... :confused: :doah: till yea what that craps for the birds nowadays!!!! :tut: :tut:

about the only sure thing is a nap. guess we are headed down to Winners tomorrow night to find out when the game feed is!1 :happy1: a few brews a burger and the meat raffle!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
made it back from Alex, seen another fish house taking a swim..   motion lotion was from $2.79 to $2,85 today..  and I did get some ribs!!!
:pouty: :doah: dont those dingalings know better eith this weather to take them off!!!!! sheez! :doofus:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
guess not........... :doofus:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Doing it the hard way.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!! 21 here and going to drop from there some today. We didn't get any of the snow they were talking about. Would have been nice to have a little banking snow. Oh well. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23 here and could see 26 today..  did get a dusting of snow over night..  and 511 shows that!!   the fog that was moving in late yesterday didn't stick around either..   sure hope the sidewalks are iced up..   have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 35 now here & we're hopin to see 41 later. Everything went well yday, in fact we were back in the car leaving by the time the appt was s'posed to start. The doctor said everything looked real good & wants to see him again next week. If that goes well, they will have an idea as to when they can schedule a time for the cataract surgery on that same eye. He said the vision in that eye is noticably better already today. :cool: We were back in Mason City by 11 & home by 12:30. No big plans today, so back to my routine. Have a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 20 here at the moment.  They say NW winds 10-25 today.  We got a solid 7/8" of inch of rain before it turned to snow. I do mean solid as it froze in the gauge before I brought it in this morning.  Hasn't broke yet.  We do have maybe an inch of snow too.  What a difference from yesterday.  We have some real big puddles here too.  They will freeze today.  So I am inline for an MRI hopefully next Friday.  Finally.  Not a lot going on today other than back to getting a fire going to keep the garage warm.  Haven't had to do that much lately.  TGIF  Have a good one. 
« Last Edit: February 02/09/24, 07:18:07 AM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......woke to see the ground a little white...........not enough the cover the grass!!!! gotta figure out a game plan for the day yet.........

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it’s a good start. Back at it again today after a quick trip to fleet for primer and paint. Later…… :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like alot of rust remover is needed.........have fun.........no beer till its done either!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking good Mark. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Another .09" of rain at the ranch yesterday & .11" in Bugtussle. Defrosting the refrigerator/freezer this a.m. One guy is always putting his stuff in the fridge and not taking care of it. We threw a lot of it away. He's not house trained. We use the freezer portion to store plant samples & hold frozen manure samples for a day at time until the courier can pick them up. Getting mentally prepared for shearing tomorrow. Another one of those jobs where the only good thing about it is when it's over. People ask me, won't you miss the sheep someday when they're gone? My answer is always the same, "No!". I've missed out on way too many adventures thanks to them to miss them. If I need to see sheep I can go to the fair. :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
making progress Mark. looking good

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
One side done, the other should go faster and easier. Thinks I’ll have a beer or two. :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice job Mark. Morning boys. 11 here and heading for 24 today I believe. Little less windy than yesterday. Guess the wind was a little helpful though. Big drift by the fish house, so I was able to bank it last night. Got friends coming this morning. So fishing we will go. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 29 & windy(NW@18) at the moment. Lookin like somewhere near 39 will be our high today. Nothin big on my list, so just gonna see where the day takes me. Have a great day.
« Last Edit: February 02/10/24, 07:12:56 AM by Gunner55 »