Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5020163 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon all, been back home for about an hour. Left here early, did some shopping in GR, & left there around 8. Drove to Duluth & hit a couple more stores before we headed to Thompson Hill. We picked up an old buddy from down home, that's now over by Ashland, there & came back here.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Evening fellers... finally quit raining about 3 ish. Got the shelter finished over the pump, cut, hauled and split stacked some firewood

AND NO alcohol was consumed today! :shocked: :shocked:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well a great end to the day. Still have a couple things left to do, but a great moon rise. See ya in the AM. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool Mark! Unfortunately it was cloudy here.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 43 here and heading for 53 today it says. Nice little walleye chop on the lake this morning. The winds will pickup tonight and start raining into tomorrow. Talking another 1/2" here. Checked the tire pressure on the tires on the camper last night and the propane too. Getting that ready to go for the weekend. Tis Friday for me today. We made a 5 day weekend out of it. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 at the moment and hope to see 72 today...  would like to mow some of the yard today too...  rain stay away!!!  well the ultra sound on my arteries in my neck came out good I think, the nurse seemed happy with the results any way..  so 2 tests down and 1 to go...  maybe get that set up today...  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 44 for our start & we should see 67 later. Need to mow here too. Got a couple things on the boat & lift as well. Lookin like rain again by mid-mornin tomorrow for us. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was 39 this morning.  It is sunny now.  May see 61.  Rain late tonight into tomorrow.  Lot's of dew on the ground.  Glenn I have cut back on drinking too.  I feel better too. Sure like a cocktail now and then though.  Will fill the hole in the wall today and spackle it so I can keep moving on that project.  Good news Mike.  Hope the last test goes well too.   :happy1:  Getting ready for the Grandson next week.  That will be fun.  He is 12 now.  Well you all have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
A quick run to town to fill up the truck and a gas can for the mower. A special thanks goes out to the Alex Gas Cartel for the 29 cent per gallon increase yesterday. A nice "welcome back" for the out of state folks that spend their Summers here. After that the lawn is getting cut and then finish off packing camper for tomorrow's adventure. Wheeler got loaded last night after trap practice. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... a balmy 39 when I looked. It's a part time job keeping the hummingbirds happy up here. :scratch: :rotflmao:

LPS.. I've cut way back on drinking from my early days.. just didn't feel I wanted any yesterday.  Today is still to be determined.

Mark... I think it's a conspiracy around every big travel weekend,  the gas prices spike....effin crooks

Plan for this afternoon is to make a few laps around the lake. :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. No precip altho it looked like it might rain yesterday afternoon. Some scattered showers developed off to our east. Still purty wet out in the fields around here. It's grayed off some yesterday but there are plenty of dark spots and water still standing in the wheel tracks in places especially on headlands. Good recipe to get stuck. This soil can become like snake snot when it's wet. Rain forecast again for tonite and into tomorrow. Mebbe finish mowing tonite, have a few G&T's, and watch the birds, from inside the house. Feel no compulsion to feed the bugs.  :coffee: 🦟🦟🦟   
« Last Edit: May 05/23/24, 08:43:43 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The bugs up here aren't t bad at all.....yet. a few skeeters, gnats are the worse but not bad.

You keep feeding them though dotch! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's so much quieter around here when yer working... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A quick run to town to fill up the truck and a gas can for the mower. A special thanks goes out to the Alex Gas Cartel for the 29 cent per gallon increase yesterday. A nice "welcome back" for the out of state folks that spend their Summers here. After that the lawn is getting cut and then finish off packing camper for tomorrow's adventure. Wheeler got loaded last night after trap practice. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:

This, like most of inflation is nothing more than corporate greed.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got it yday @ FF in Duluth for $2.98. :happy1: :cool: Think it was still $3.24 :scratch: in GR yday ~ 2 on our way back out here.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Think it is still $3.29 here. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
3.14 at holiday in Warroad. Holiday had it .40 off from 4 to 7pm today.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 and rain here, the rain just started within the last 1/2 hour...  and we might see 63 today...  so no heat wave...  got an appointment in Alex this morning..  other than that just another Friday...  I did get the yard mowed yesterday and cleaned a couple down spouts...  going to make a BBQ pulled pork today for this weekend...  have a good day all

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It's 45 and 54 will be the high.  It is windy already and we may see 1/2" of wet today. Snow from the west could get as close as just west of Warroad.  I got wall 3 and 4 prepped and that darn Jake licked some of my spackle again and now Cooper even licked some of it. LOL  No wonder it takes so long.  Glad I got the bigger jug of it.  Gonna be cool this weekend the way it looks.  Man the grass is growing fast. Well you all have a good one.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The river is coming up with this rain.  We will have to raise the dock on Sat.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
The BIL grabbed my SxS yesterday at noon so that is gone. I think there's enough stuff in the camper to make it through the weekend. Just need my meds and beer. After that move the slide-out back and hook up. Going to wait out the rain here until 10:30 or so before we leave, looks like the heavier stuff is East of us. That moving the dock up isn't a bad thing Barry, especially after last year. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 52 here & hopin to see 56. Lookin like the rain will get here by ~ 10, had some overnight too but not enough to be able to measure. Glad I mowed yday now, will try to get the trimming done early today. Got a little chainsaw work too, if the rain allows. No more now, have a great day.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. We got more rain early this morning. Lost another tree. Didn't do any damage but it looks like I'm gonna fire up the Husqvarna for a while today. I need to feed the mosquitoes anyway.
      Stay safe everyone.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... 50 and wind is whipping coming across the lake. Pretty awesome afternoon on the lake yesterday.  :happy1: noticed some of the citiot group showed up also.. supposed to rain about 11 says TWC.

Best fill a feeder before it rains. Then take care of fish.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here and supposed to make 54. The wind is howling off of the lake again this morning. Been lots of angry seas for the last week or so. Decided to sleep in this morning and it felt good. Plan is to pack up the camper and head out later. But we are wavering on that. Undecided now if we just want to stay home. Would also be nice to try and get some boat time in too. The lake has come up quite a bit to Barry. Another 10" - 12" would be good. If it gets higher than that then the waves can start to move the dock. At least now though I can get the boat to the dock if we want. Well, sipping coffee and watching the waves crash in for now. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered if you slept in.  This is late for you to say good morning.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered if you slept in.  This is late for you to say good morning.  :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: mayhaps it wasn't all sleep? :scratch: :tut: :sleazy: :sleazy:

Yea JB, YOU Gotz a tuff decision to make.  :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 60 at choretime heading for a high around 70. More rain early this a.m. Got up to shut the windows ~ 4:30 cuz I could hear it rumbling. Dumped .67" out of the gauge at the ranch & 1.67" in Bugtussle. Good thing I mowed last nite after chores. Nice breeze to keep the bugs off and getting it cut short again means they'll have fewer places to hang out close to the house. Not a lot on the slate as a result of the rain. The hay fairy still needs to unload the hay in the trailer yet but other than that, could be a nite to relax a bit & make some food. We shall see... :coffee:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Alex was a zoo this morning, garage sales all over and veggie stands popping up!!  gas dropped 10 cents...   big deal....   still $2.00 to high...   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: mayhaps it wasn't all sleep? :scratch: :tut: :sleazy: :sleazy:

Yea JB, YOU Gotz a tuff decision to make.  :rotflmao: :happy1:
Yup. Agonizing decisions.  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Staying home. Do some fishing and get some stuff done at home. Either way some beers will get harmed.  :sleazy: