Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4979334 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 40 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. .02" of rain at the ranch & .05" in Bugtussle from yesterday. Some higher amounts some popcorn showers passed thru in the afternoon. Could see it in the rumble strips & the fields were dark this a.m. Car club meetings are getting worse. One 80-something forgot there was a meeting which is OK except he's supposed to open the town hall for us. I called him when he didn't show up & he came then. He claimed no one contacted him. He got an email and the 80-something club secretary said he told him about it a couple days ago. The club secretary is having problems keeping times and dates straight. If I don't take notes and bring them along to the next meeting, it winds up being utter chaos. The other octogenarian who was there is still with it. Super guy. He just kinda looks at me, smiles, and shakes his head.   :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Sounds like Washington DC! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Looks to be a great day. A stiff NW wind all day. Nothing we can't deal with.
      Made a monumental decision. I think I'm going to let my electrical license expire. Don't plan on going back in to that kind of work. Probably won't get back in to the HVAC thing, either. Nobody wants an old, part-time tech. I will keep my boiler license up.
      Stay safe everyone.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Big decision TT.  I dropped my CDL too.  Thought about keeping it but then I would let someone talk me into going back to work.  Not the direction for me anymore.  Had offers too but declined.  First time I ever turned down a job. 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Big decision TT.  I dropped my CDL too.  Thought about keeping it but then I would let someone talk me into going back to work.  Not the direction for me anymore.  Had offers too but declined.  First time I ever turned down a job.
I get that. I was offered a job a few weeks ago. I told the guy I wanted part time work. He said he could guarantee me 60 hours a week. That's PT? Working doesn't hold the same thrill and excitement it did 30 years ago.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good for you TT!!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good for you tt & Barry both. I let my Certified Professional Agronomist certification go as well. When the American Society of Agronomy decided it was a good idea to have a drag show as part of some inclusion "feelgood" meeting, that was enough. That and their code of ethics was absolutely meaningless. People are using their certification as a license to steal, while waving it in their customer's faces and giving bad advice. Count me out. If that's the direction they're taking, I want no part of it. A lot of others are following suit.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
With a drag show I would immediately have nothing to do with them neither.  See ya.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh did I mention that my truck hooked up to the camper is stuck about 30' from our camping spot in our woods???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I may give it a pull with the plow truck or mayhaps just wait a week and let it sit there.  ??? The ground is softer than I thought and in a turn a camper wheel sank some in a low spot.  End of game.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ruh roh!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

the adventures of Barry, the saga continues!!!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just another adventure.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh did I mention that my truck hooked up to the camper is stuck about 30' from our camping spot in our woods???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I may give it a pull with the plow truck or mayhaps just wait a week and let it sit there.  ??? The ground is softer than I thought and in a turn a camper wheel sank some in a low spot.  End of game.
Looks like you got dome splainin to do when the misses finds out   :rotflmao: :surrender:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 54 & headed for 61. Appt went well & we hit town ~10:30. Hit some pretty good rain just south of down yday & some more around Grundy Center. Quite a few haulin Anhydrous on the way down & even more lookin ready to go out in the fields today too. They're talkin mid-upper 80's down that way this weekend. 'Bout it here.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, Dat sucks!! Adventure awaits everyday.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
With a drag show I would immediately have nothing to do with them neither.  See ya.

Don't farmers drag their fields anymore?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the dandelions are flowering already!!!   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Don't farmers drag their fields anymore?

Don't see many drags in use anymore. A lot of them parked in groves though. Now most have harrows attached to the back of the field cultivators that took their place. That or rolling baskets. Weren't too many things more fun than than running a big drag up and down the field as fast as you could pull it. I got a few sections of our old 5-section Keewanee drag when we cleaned up the building site at Mom's. Pulling that bad boy at 8 mph & 30' per pop to bust up clods or make it smooth as a baby's butt, you were king chit! As long as you stayed out of the fence with it anyway... :whistling:   
« Last Edit: April 04/12/24, 03:42:18 PM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I gots a couple also Mike! Afternoon peoples 60 with a skirt alert winds.  Rounding supplies up for a shot out west in the morning,  the bro was out there today to open the cabin up, even with the recent rains it perty dry. Lake looks low he says, 2 bucket traps in the sheds yielded 7 mice in the old shed nothing in the newer. Maisy's first trip out, speaking of her she's doing perty good, as long as I have a pocket of her kibble she'll play fetch nicely,  she'll do anything for treats I guess. I'll get her in the water this weekend but it'll be slowly.  Best run...See ya!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: yea I heard rumors you do alot of things for treats too  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Have fun. Bud, but damn this first trip after snow is rough on us old fellers.  :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels to both of ya tomorrow!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 40 here and should see 78 today...  an outside kind of day!!  that will be a good day for sure..   have a good day all!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  36 here and they say we will hit 70 today.  I will believe it when I feel it.  We had a good time last night.  Walked all over the estate and things look good.  Couple of trees down on our paths that we will get cleaned up later.  Now my hip is aching like heck. Darn. Maybe the exercise bike will help.  Coffee first.  You all have a great day.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Sunny day. Rumor has it we'll hit 81° today. Too dry and windy to burn.
      Got the brooder done and in position yesterday. I just might pick up the chicks this next week. I hope to, anyway. We all know how plans go. A few more tasks to have the coop all ready.
      Stay safe everyone.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 36 here & lookin for 79 later, I'm hearin. Got a Critical Fire Warning again :rolleyes:, winds 15-20 with gusts to 30 & Rh ~ 25%. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 38 here and supposed to make 60. Cloudy and says chance of rain this morning. With the big ice cube I doubt we will get to 60 here. We made it to 48 yesterday. Seen someone out fishing to the north when we got home. They must have found a path out. Today will be some cleaning and load the woodshed. Hoping to only have to run the boiler for 1 more week by the looks of the forecast. I am guessing it will be a zoo of boats over Barry's way. This is the last weekend of walleye fishing on the border waters. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Southerly winds picking up to 15 - 20 mph, gusting to 30 as we move into the afternoon. Gotta do breakfast, have coffee then unload some bagged feed. Prolly go check the neighbor's alfalfa since he asked about it a few weeks ago. Think my fruit tree pruning is done for the year. Buds are starting to open. Temps are supposed to nosedive next week. Low Thursday nite around 30 w/highs in the mid-to-upper 40's Friday. Enjoy the warmth while we got it!  :happy1: 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup there are boats buzzing by and some fishing here too.  I watched them again yesterday for awhile while Cooper was swimming.  Jake follows him out but when the water gets deeper he stops.  LOLOL  Haven't actually seen him swim yet.  I think Cooper swims just to get away from Jake.  Didn't see anyone catch a fish neither.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Supposed to hit 70 here today and it has a ways to go.  Going to spend the day on the yard.  Dry enough to get the pine needles and leaves raked up.  Time to get the mower and sweeper out.  Then get the Bobcat over here to move some dirt around. Might even roll the dock in.  Have a good one All.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well bingo is done for another year. Attendance was down, too nice outside. One more cup of coffee and to the garage to start setting up to make sausage today. As a matter of fact the phone just sounded off the first text of "what do I need to bring" messages. better go, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers..........got home about 11 am. damn thats hard on an old fella! cabin is set up for summer festivities!!!!! :happy1: gathered some firewood too!!!!!

pretty much all unloaded and things put away!! do a little catching up around here but not to big of a hurry...always tomorrow . getting the boat tomorrow!!!! :happy1: