Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5453639 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 56 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's.  One more day of moderate temps before it turns the burner up some. Got everything done I wanted to yesterday except the mowing so will have to work at that this week after work. Wife came home crabby after the wine judging yesterday so avoiding her wrath is at the top of my list for today. Better get at it. Should water a bunch of stuff then do chores. No rest for the wicked.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, same here, got everything done I wanted except mowing here too...  but I don't have as much as Dotch I'm sure..  maybe today...  56 this morning and going for 83 or 84 today..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I too need to mow before our rain chances around Wed the last I looked.  I have weeds in my gravel driveway that irritate me.  I usually hit them with glyphosate but may try my weed burner with an LP tank.  Instant relief.   :happy1:  We have been weighing Jake every weekend.  He was 24 lbs yesterday.  He is laying in my lap as I write.  He is calming down which is wonderful.  Have a great day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Afternoon fellers from deer river  :happy1: :rocker;
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, we had an issue with the garage door as we were closing the saloon last evening, so we headed for GR early today. Brother & I both had a pretty long list, but we really went to pick up part what we will need to fix the problem. With a little luck the rest will be here tomorrow. A bit on the warm humid side here this afternoon so I had to come in for a cold 1. ;). No more now.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon fellers from deer river Inger  :happy1: :rocker;

There, fixed it for ya!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn can come over and help with the garage door Gunner.  Then you two can race to Inger to see your babes in the woods.  LOLOL  We would like pics this time.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  83 here yet in Eastern Idaho.  So far so good with the Grizzlies,  the property owner popped in last night to give us the rundown on everything. Pretty much everything goes inside, the bears like to come thru after midnight and WILL try to get into your truck. After watching Old Faithful blow this morning we hit 2 big trails, one with several big dropping waterfalls and another with a smaller one, cool stuff but we're tuckered.  Have seen lots of big bull Elk and countless Buffalo but were gonna stay otta the park tomorrow,  it's so friggen busy! Sounds like it's a Kayaking kinda morning and probably more hiking later in the day. Sheez, gonna hafta head back to work to take a break...See ya!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and heading for 82 today with a chance of rain later. We could use some rain. I cut grass last night and it looks like I will start up the sprinklers after work today if we don't get any rain. Otherwise getting ready to head to the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here and headed to the upper 80's again..   got the little mowing done that needed it...  got to get a haircut today too, a much needed haircut!!   :rotflmao:   got a few other things to do today too..   have a good day all!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well I have procrastinated enough, I have to mow today too.  I've thought the mower was cutting a little unlevel and here the hangars in the front had the nuts come loose.  I leveled them and tightened them so should make a big difference.  Can't watch our normal news this morning cuz women's soccer is on. ????  What does that have to do with weather and our local news?  LOL  Looks like a good chance of thunderstorms with heavy rain later on.  Hoping for no hail. 

PS  you can all toke up legally today.  :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 60 early & they're showin 82 for the high for us today. Went for a boat ride early, the full moon was a wild color as it was setting today. WCCO's weather guy showed us maybe getting some late afternoon/early evening storms too, but the hourly says there's a better chance early tomorrow. :scratch: Need to pull the blades off the mower we just got back & see how bad they really are. Other than that................................... :confused:'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sitting here making out my fleet farm list for today. Hate it when I get home and forgot one thing or two. After that fill the lower unit and put boat motor back together. Had it apart looking for a leaky seal that isn't there. However, I did find 100' of mono on the shaft. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Afternoon fellers from deer river Inger  :happy1: :rocker;

There, fixed it for ya!  :happy1:
:pouty: :tut: :tut: well aren't you a funny guy. :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wait till you get a load of your mailbox!  :coffee:

Mornin' comrades! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Finally got my copy written and sent. The Mrs. was down at Freeborn Co. Fair last nite as it was entry day in the hort dept. Left me to do chores, put another bale in the lot, watered some stuff, came in, fed Poppy and by then it was crowding 8 p.m. Needed to start writing so got a good start on a rough outline, looking up some of the data, cutting & pasting, etc. Poppy was needing attention too so tried to work that in. About 8:45 the doorbell rings. It's the neighbor and his daughter wanting stuff filled out at the last minute for her 4-H sheep project. Not my department so the wife will have to fill it out tonite or tomorrow. They proceeded to hang around for about a half hour as if I had nothing to do. I hadn't eaten yet. Poppy was starting to get fidgety to go potty so that was my cue to finally shoo them out the door. The wife comes home 20 minutes later & yacked a blue streak further breaking my concentration. I finally ate something about 10:30 but the writing was far from where it needed to be. Frustrating.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are a good man Dotch.  Keep your eyes out for that retirement lawn chair.  Get a good one too!   :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a road trip to Thielen's in Pierz in the cards for me...   called them and they make porketta roasts...  ok so I ordered one and they will freeze it for me so can pick it up later this week or next week...   :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a road trip to Thielen's in Pierz in the cards for me...   called them and they make porketta roasts...  ok so I ordered one and they will freeze it for me so can pick it up later this week or next week...   :happy1:
That and 5 lbs of the best bacon on the planet!  :bow:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

and what all else I get!!!!    :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

If they have Elk Polish Sausage, try some.  Good stuff, Maynard.   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man does that sound like fun.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

If they have Elk Polish Sausage, try some.  Good stuff, Maynard.   :happy1:

will do!!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, don’t forget to pick up some of Jansen’s sweet corn Thielen’s sells. It’s good stuff.
This weeks ad, https://www.thielenmeatslf.com/so/b5OchZfxP?languageTag=en&cid=a8d23960-acad-43ee-8dea-d6cddf1461e6
« Last Edit: August 08/01/23, 02:47:43 PM by Cooperman »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Cooperman I will!!!   thinking thursday I'll go!!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, their polish are great! That is where we get our seasoning from when we make our polish.
Morning boys. 64 here and heading for 80 something I think. We got .11" of rain yesterday. So I started watering the grass last night. I put the new tires back on the camper last night and noticed that the tire behind the one that blew was low. So that is going in to get checked out. I found 1 little piece of wire in it from the tire in front. Hope that is all it is . Well getting ready to head to Grand Forks for my final doctor's appointment. Wife is going to work, so I am on my own today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 60 here & are headed for 84. Got some rain, ~ .25", between 1 & 2 yday so it didn't get as warm as they had forecasted. :happy1: TWC sayin it's a little foggy here early but I haven't been out for a looksee. It sounds like most all of us are headed for GR again today. No more now, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 here and again heading to the high 80's and humid again..  not sure what direction I'm going today...   east or west??  doesn't matter it all has to be done...   as I said we got a fast .7 of rain yesterday evening...  bring more on!!   have a good day all!!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Felt rather crappy yesterday and didn't get anything done so I need to get stuff done today I was going to do yesterday. Nothing new for me. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. a nice 60 degree morning here.  Heading to the 80's like JB said.  Have a few things to do today as usual so hope to get them done.  Not sure what to do first.  Feeling like fall with these cool mornings.  August used to be hot as heck when I lived near the Iowa border but it gets cooler up here as the month goes on.  Have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. More looking for tar spot in the corn & soybean aphid populations in the beans. Yee-hah. Wife is supposed to receive a surprise award tonite in the grandstand at the Freeborn Co. Fair so nobody tell! Need to get chores done a little early so I can get down there & eat 1st. Gotta have priorities. Warmish & muggly out there so stay hydrated fellers.