Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5330980 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  My weather station is showing 10 this morning with a slight wnw wind.  So we made a bit of ice over night here.  It's only supposed to get to 14 today.  Not real sure what is all on the agenda for today yet.  Have a great day All.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 15 here and might get to 24 today...   we will see...  some wind here too..   got to start getting ready for our Christmas gathering this Saturday at my son's place..  that will be fun...   not much else so have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 20 for our start & we're hopin to see 32 later. I've got an appt at the dentist this morning @ 9:30. Other than that, there's not much on my list. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said it is about 18 here and that is the high for the day.  It is snowing now.  Those fluffy flakes that won't amount to much.  I need to pick up dog poop today and call a couple of buddies to see how they are doing.  One is going to have open heart surgery and he is worried, the other just got a new knee.  See if I can jazz them up some.  Jake is calling got to go.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
mornin fellers........said 17 when i looked......yep makin ice!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: i got nuttin going for today!  :happy1: so i'll see what kind of trouble i can find! :sleazy:

thinkin i'll get serious about getting my stuff ready for heading north. first time for the year ice fishing cant forget anything ya knw!!!! :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, guys.   Just checking in.   Haven't had much to say recently...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, guys.   Just checking in.   Haven't had much to say recently...
welcome back.......couldgive updates on vermilion.......always enjoyed your posts on FM from up there.

or the nudist colony in california!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear you Delman.  How the heck are you?  I bet you missed us huh?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 16 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. Unhooked from the spreader, put the bale spear on the 3-point & plopped a couple bales in the main lot again last nite. Only took an hour so felt fortunate. Luckily the weather has been so cooperative. Copy written so will see what kind of trouble I can get into today. Need to exchange some pants the wife got me Sunday. My girlish figure has expanded about an inch. Could lose some weight but it's a lot easier just to exchange the pants! Should probably mail glenn his Christmas presents, even though he's on Santa's naughty list.  :evil:  :shocked:

Good to see you check in delbert!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 5 here and heading for 32 today. Doesn't sound windy and our weather station shows zero wind. If we are lucky that open water froze up overnight. That would make travel out here a lot easier when it's get thick enough. They are coming one more time to get our fiber optics hooked up. So I am working from home again today. Thankfully I have that option. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   A bit warmer than JB but still making ice this morning.  Says it's 12 out !!  Might have to go do some ice testing this afternoon.  Have a great day!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 here and saying we will see 35 today...  not much on the agenda today..  might go to Alex today but thinking about waiting til tomorrow for that..   either day works fine..   have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 20 here & we should end up about 43. I'm seein 50 for tomorrow & 48 for Friday, so I'm hopin nobody's doing any ice checking around here. :tut: A 70% chance of rain on Saturday too. The checkup at the dentist yday went a little better than expected. :cool: It's a short list again today, so back to normal. Hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. The cold cruel world showed up and it is 5 here now.  May hit 35 this afternoon so not too bad.  Have some bills to pay but will wait till tomorrow for that.  Just gonna keep things going here at the ranch today.  Reading a good book so may finish that today.  Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....only thing on my agenda today is doing my good deed. donating blood at 1 pm. thinking i'm close to the 9 gallon pin purty quick!!!! :happy1:

JB how'd you you like working from home??? when the rona hit we had to do that for about 6 weeks......it was wierd at first, then kinda liked it but overall didnt care for it. just some things you cant do at home you can at the office.

Scenic......iffin ya do some ice checking let me know what you find. more interested in smaller lakes but ice reports on bigger lakes gives me a pretty good idea of what smaller lakes are like!!!! :happy1: its been making ice for a few days now!!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sketchy ice down here. 30 degrees right now, it seems to have warmed up overnight. Looks like it will be pretty warm and dry for a week. Will save a bit on wood and LP gas which is great.
Have a goodun.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sketchy ice down here. 30 degrees right now, it seems to have warmed up overnight. Looks like it will be pretty warm and dry for a week. Will save a bit on wood and LP gas which is great.
Have a goodun.
i always thought everything down your way was "SKETCHY""""". :sleazy: :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Sketchy snack for this guy overnight!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! It bottomed out around 17 on the slightly less than reliable ranch thermometer, rose to 28 at choretime, & is heading for a high in the low 40's. Light SW wind so it's blowing the sheep poop smell towards the neighbors. Cloud deck moved off so it should be a peach of a day for mid-December. Since I didn't make FF yesterday after a later than desired lunchtime, Poppy & I did odd jobs outside when I got home. The fresh air and exercise is good for her and she needs her people time. Been catching a few mice in the basement trap right along roony. We put fresh rat bait in all the bait boxes in the barn & granary yesterday. One box still had some in it but was moldy. Have noticed an occasional kernel of corn in the cornstalk bales when we open them up. Wife saw a mouse a couple days ago in the barn so figured we'd best get after them.     
« Last Edit: December 12/13/23, 10:34:33 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....only thing on my agenda today is doing my good deed. donating blood at 1 pm. thinking i'm close to the 9 gallon pin purty quick!!!! :happy1:

JB how'd you you like working from home??? when the rona hit we had to do that for about 6 weeks......it was wierd at first, then kinda liked it but overall didnt care for it. just some things you cant do at home you can at the office.

Scenic......iffin ya do some ice checking let me know what you find. more interested in smaller lakes but ice reports on bigger lakes gives me a pretty good idea of what smaller lakes are like!!!! :happy1: its been making ice for a few days now!!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
I don't mind working from home once in awhile. As long as I have enough computer work to keep me busy. Kind of a change of pace. I run CNC mills and 3D printers, so it is hard to do that from home. I was glad during the plandemic that I had to still go into work everyday. Except for the stupid mask wearing garbage.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! It bottomed out around 17 on the slightly less than reliable ranch thermometer, rose to 28 at choretime, & is heading for a high in the low 40's. Light SW wind so it's blowing the sheep poop smell towards the neighbors. Cloud deck moved off so it should be a peach of a day for mid-December. Since I didn't make FF yesterday after a later than desired lunchtime, Poppy & I did odd jobs outside when I got home. The fresh air and exercise is good for her and she needs her people time. Been catching a few mice in the basement trap right along roony. We put fresh rat bait in all the bait boxes in the barn & granary yesterday. One box still had some in it but was moldy. Have noticed an occasional kernel of corn in the cornstalk bales when we open them up. Wife saw a mouse a couple days ago in the barn so figured we'd best get after them.     
we have a bunch of those boxes for mice up at the cabin. the ones for the cabin itself are on the outside where we suspect most mice get it. then some in each of the 4 out buildings. brother refills them every spring and fall. most them boxes fit 4 of the bait chunks.

about mid deptember i do my own trap line with the actual traps, victor i believe with the bigger yellow pad to put the peanut butter on work the best. by the time deer camp rolls around i usually eliminated 25-30 mice that way!!!!
« Last Edit: December 12/13/23, 10:32:41 AM by Dotch »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting. Personally I prefer the traps that don't have that oversize plastic pan.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting. Personally I prefer the traps that don't have that oversize plastic pan.
why is that roony? :scratch: I don't have near the success rate with the Victor traps that don't have the bigger pan. Seems they can pick the darn thing clean and never spring the trap. :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the gray plastic ones so I don't have to touch the mouse any more than I have to.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
why is that roony? :scratch: I don't have near the success rate with the Victor traps that don't have the bigger pan. Seems they can pick the darn thing clean and never spring the trap. :confused:
I have better success with the other ones. I set them with a hairline trigger.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

[/quote]

Well....Big water found 4-5" of good ice.   Smaller lakes I checked we found 4-7" of good ice wherever we checked.   Pretty inconsistent all over.   Few guys out walking.  I only seen a couple of people on smaller lakes on wheelers. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I know you're somewhere in northern MN but whereabouts are you at again, Scenic? Looked like skim ice on St. Olaf a few minute ago when I went by. Prolly won't be there long with temps in the low 40's today & forecast the rest of the week here in SC MN. Boxelder bugs never lie. Annoy the crap out of you perhaps but they're very honest.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/13/23, 01:12:07 PM by Dotch »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Scenic is from Bemidji area.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Well....Big water found 4-5" of good ice.   Smaller lakes I checked we found 4-7" of good ice wherever we checked.   Pretty inconsistent all over.   Few guys out walking.  I only seen a couple of people on smaller lakes on wheelers.
[/quote]thank you sir!!!!!! :happy1: :bow:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Scenic is from Bemidji area.

I thought he was but don't always remember correctly.  :scratch: