Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4979274 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
smurf quilting bee, oh my!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, back in N Ia. today , got 34*. Had a wide range of weather conditions in our travels yday. It went from 50' visibility between Floodwood & south of Cromwell to a steady rain by the time we hit the driveway here. We've got 15-20' piles of snow in some of the parking lots down here from the 16-20" of wet heavy snow they got last Friday night & Saturday. They have 40's & 1 day makin 50 in this weeks forecast though so the people down river better get ready for some water. Seen a few wreckers along I 35 just after we crossed into Ia as they still had a couple big rigs in the ditch. A few errands to run early today so I better get rollin. Hope you have a good 1
« Last Edit: March 03/27/18, 02:52:55 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Good morning guys. Not here it ain't . Screaming sirens all nite long racing past my place kept me awake. Five stabbings. Right up the road. This suckbutt town has gone to hell in a handbasket. I really haveta try to get outta here, with all that continual crap and the 10.8% jump in my taxes, I can't afford to, nor do I want to live here anymore. Take the guns away and they use knives. Those protests are working well.
Nothing wrong with Mr Sparkles, JB, just a line that meant goodnite.  Hope you guys have a good day. I'm gonna watch the "need more diversity" crap unfold. Two cop cars just raced by.  :angry:

http://www.kttc.com/story/37817267/2018/03/27/update-fight-in-nw-rochester-apartment-ends-in-five-overnight-stabbings-and-a-life-threatening-assault

http://www.kaaltv.com/news/large-police-presence-outside-hospital/4842056/?cat=10151
« Last Edit: March 03/27/18, 11:46:07 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet if a guy had a dehydrator, making those ketchup things would be easy, like making "fruit leather" where the puree is spread on a sheet of plastic and then dehydrated.   

You guys could make some for smurfy as an Easter present or something.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
32 at choretime, .06" of rainfall from yesterday. Dreary, cloudy, damp, chilly weather is starting to grate on people's nerves. Looking like it'll get colder before it gets warmer next week. Not helping with the south wind blowing off the snowpack to our south. No murders or stabbings to report tho. Just mud. Lots of mud. :rolleyes:

Lots of places for sale in Bugtussle, cheap, Reb.  :happy1: Knew Rochester was in trouble back in the 80's already. Younger brother lived in the downstairs of a house there and some southeast Asians lived upstairs. Their access was via an outside stairway. My brother and his roomie noticed they were constantly hauling long planks as well as heavy sacks full of something up the stairs. About a week later they had water leaking through their ceiling. They called the landlord who went upstairs to find a huge raised bed garden planted in the middle of their living room floor!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet the carp pool came later, huh?    :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet the carp pool came later, huh?    :rotflmao:

If they want to eat carp and squirrels, have at it.   Nice big fat carp down behind the civic center.    One would feed a whole family, steam it with scallions and ginger. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have smelled cooking carp when I visiting some folks in an apartment years ago and it was NASTY smelling...  so cook away Del!!

the tree rats are good eats!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Agreed mikey! Mom had frying tree rats down to an art. Had me convinced it was chicken at a very young age. Carp? Smoked, broiled, fried, poached etc., never had a piece of it that was worth trying the second time.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
But, diversity.   Some folks like it.   Just like some folks like fried liver (hi Ma and Pop, RIP)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
liver = oil filter, not going to eat... I have had it and prefer not to....

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have a Hmong friend that makes Carp soup, it's not that bad.... would I go out of my way to eat it.... probably not..... If it was what's for dinner and this what you're going to get if you want to eat....ok
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a Hmong friend that makes Carp soup, it's not that bad.... would I go out of my way to eat it.... probably not..... If it was what's for dinner and this what you're going to get if you want to eat....ok

I can understand that, they were not Hmong I think back then, their friends from east of them.. can't spell the name, Vietnam???  spell check helped..  I guess it's all depends on lots of things...  have eaten liver I liked but that lady has passed away....  it just smells when it being fried!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya when we were young bachelors and liver was so cheap we started buying it and frying it in lots of onions.  We used lots of Glenn juice on it.  (catsup)  We did get to like it after a long time and used less ketchup.  Well now that I know that as Mike said it is a filter organ that keeps the bad things from getting to us even if we use  lots of catchup I don't eat it anymore. 

Had a great time at he seminar at Brainerd but it is great to be back at home. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys would probably eat a cow tongue sandwich, too. Had a buddy at work that did. Old farm boy.  :puke:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys would probably eat a cow tongue sandwich, too. Had a buddy at work that did. Old farm boy.  :puke:

Well ya!!!  Who hasn't eaten at least one cow tongue sandwich???  Yes the rough surface with the little protruding things is not exactly a foody turn on but we can get past that.    :rotflmao:  After a damn good boil and then skinning those weird things off the surface of it, it does make a damn good sandwich.  It is not like chicken but it is like roast beef.  I like them with mayo and maybe some katsup on it.  I haven't done that for many years since I can afford roast beef now.  Chili with tongue or beef heart used be a good conversation piece with the babes back in the "day".   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
That's what we put in our blood and liver sausage back in the day when we made it. Beef tongue. Wish I had a tongue that..... Ah never mind!! :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

I've eaten tongue.  Not bad as I remember.  I was a kid at the time.   

And LPS, you are supposed to peel tongue before you eat it.. so far as I remember.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  36 here.  Gonna drop all day I think and maybe some rain.  Then down to 3 tonight or tomorrow night. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Yep, winter is moving back in the neighborhood. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 38 this morning so the snow is still melting away..  but yup it's going to cool down tonight and the rest of the week... went to the General store in Osakis yesterday to look at some hand guns and the dang place is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays in March, interesting...   have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, says it's 20* & foggy outside.  We are supposed to make 50* today. Got all my runnin around done yday, even finished & e-filed my taxes, so I'll have to see what comes my way today. Going to be so nice that I'm sure I'll be messin around outside some. Have a good Wednesday.
« Last Edit: March 03/28/18, 03:22:18 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was 28 at choretime. Ground froze so Ruby was able to rip and tear w/o getting all mud. Supposed to get crappy this weekend so what else is new? One more apple tree to prune so probably get that done tonight before it hits the fan. 

Can't recall that I've had tongue but I've eaten plenty of weird stuff. Lamb liver is good stuff fried with onions. Had to give it up when I went on the low cholesterol diet. The wife wasn't a fan so now I give it to my brother who thrives on it. Love chicken & turkey gizzards. Ted & Jens in Aldrich used to have them as an appetizer before tearing into their ribs. Guessing gizzards are on the naughty list but if I ever get back there I'll risk it! Calf, pig & lamb nuts...yup. Don't do a lot for me tho. Give me a steak or chop any day. One thing I liked when visiting Venezuela back in the day was a bowl of soup/stew the locals called mondongo. Lots of interesting vegetables we're not accustomed to and squares of stuff that looked like little pieces of wash cloth. Their texture was kinda chewy but it tasted pretty good. Turned out it was hog intestines!
« Last Edit: March 03/28/18, 10:18:04 AM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
beef tongue isn't bad and it's a good sandwich too..  I've of tripe in soups to Dotch, but never had it....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
man i remember them days Dotch. since the gold-n-plump factory is in the neighborhood my mom and dad would order a case of chicken hearts and gizzards. mom would brown them up and we'd have mashed taters and gravy with them.

that was until it was determined it was bad for cholesteral. i still eat them and pheasant heart and gizzard when i get a chance.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They sell fezzant heart in grocery stores now?  :scratch:    :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
by the case good god they were large box'es sometimes!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gizzards out of the snows and blues were good barbecued on the grill. Also an aphrodisiac for the local ND ladies!   :happy1: :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O boy, NoDak wimmen......*yeesh*  :doah:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
heh, heh, heh, now don't go knockin' ND wimmen, both of them! Liked to hunt & fish. Not bitchy. Never whined about making it to the next rest stop. More than happy to squat right beside the car!  :happy1: